23 • Adrien (UNEDITED)

Ladybug had her hand slightly cushioning her chin, leaning against the brick concrete chimney behind her. Her beautiful blue eyes were angled at the midnight blue sky, deep in thought. I studied her figure, her tense posture, but relaxed muscles. Lifting myself off my silver staff, I walked over to her and positioned myself next to her, back to the wall.
Had my life always been such a mess? It was the first time I had ever told anyone about our past, me and Cassandra. But telling ladybug wasn't a mistake. For the past few years, my memory has been foggy from that night, I never seemed to remember the full story, until the words just seemed to flow out when I had told her. Now the mist had cleared away, banishing my frustrated thoughts from the scene, I was able to think clearly about Cassandra. The last time I had tried to talk about it, I couldn't remember the details and things about that box. But now that I do, I have hardcore theories on where the box went and what it was for. I remember the delicate patterns and the dark maroon colour of the box.
A kwami box,
A miraculous box.
The type of box given to me when I had first received my role as chatnoir.
And the suspicion of it containing the moth miraculous.
I didn't want to admit it, for it to be true, but there it was, all the evidence needed.
Could my father really be Hawkmoth?
"Hey chat?" Ladybug whispered, a slight worry covering her voice.
I hadn't realised I was gritting my teeth so hard until I felt the slight ache in my jaw.
Sighing, I looked up into her eyes, gentle and full of sympathy.
"You guessed?" I asked, my voice quivering slightly at what her judgement might be.
"Yes, but I don't care." Her reply was simple, and yet, those five words made so much difference.
"So you don't mind that I may be the son of our number one enemy? The man we have fought for so long? What made us us?"
"No, but we have to keep on moving if we have to get there.... Wait, where are we going chat?"
"To the town hall." I pressed a button on my staff, and checked the time.
7:54.
"And we have to get there by eight, six more minutes."

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

"Cassandra?" I called out, searching for any signs of movement.
"Are you sure she's here?" Ladybug called out from behind me.
"I'm sure. She told me to meet her here."
"Come to back me soon. Find today me revenge inside evil hall Chloe at bedroom eight."
Of course. This was one of the easiest codes we made up. All we had to do is gather together every second word in the sentence. So in reality, her message was for me to "Come back soon. Find me inside hall at eight."
Here we were, inside the town hall, where we last fought 'Darkblade'.
"You called?"
The answer came out of nowhere, and I had to focus on my night vision to be able to make out the flash of a figure at the top of the flight of stairs to our right.
Vanishing again, she reappeared at the foot of the steps, a hand lazing on the gold metal railing.
"Where's the akuma?" Ladybug asked, stepping out in front of me.
"My sash." She replied easily, giving us a knowing look. She took a step closer to us.
"Aren't you going to ask us for our miraculous?" Ladybug raised an eyebrow.
"No, but Hawkmoth does. I can't take the item off unless you fight me to do so, but I don't want to hurt you either."
Cassandra took another step forward, looking determined and willing.
But then, as if a sudden flash of lightening struck her, she doubled over and cried out in pain, a light purple butterfly outline appearing on her face.
On instinct, I rushed over to help her, but as soon as I got close, an invisible force, much like when Marinette was akumatised, was thrown out at me, knocking my staff out of my hand and ricocheting me back a good couple of metres into a wall. Thanks to my suit, it absorbed some of the shock, leaving me slightly winded but unhurt.
"Lucky charm!" I heard ladybug call out.
Getting back on my feet, I didn't question her unusually early timing for using her power, but ran back to the position beside her.
In her hand she held a black-spotted roll of sticky tape.
"What do you think that's going to do? Tape her mouth up?" I smiled, a reply to her own grin.
"No, but I do have an idea."
Cassandra was already back up on her feet, now starting to send small bolts of turquoise darts and arrows at us, and not making any easier for us.
"Hand over your Miraculous!" She yelled, sending more darts our way.
I doges a couple, backflipping in sync with ladybug over an unusually large arrow and then ending the performance in a perfect landing.
"That's more like it." Ladybug muttered, but there was a slight amused glint in her eye.
"Keep her distracted." She said to me, then sprinted off into the direction of the staircase.
I could already see what she was planning.
Running around Cassandra from in front of her, I gave a flirty wink to her, which made her scowl and throw more darts in my direction.
Behind her, ladybug was busy taping one end of the tape to the railing of the staircase and doing the same to the other side. Securing it around the other wooden leg of the stairs, she didn't snap off the end, but kept it flowing on behind her, and started moving around the room, stopping every now and the to wound it around a table leg of stick it onto the wall. Quickly, it started forming into something that resembled a spider's web around the oblivious Forgotten Butterfly while she was still trying to strike me with one of her blows.
Finally finishing off her web, ladybug took a step back to snap of the excess tape and examine her work.
"Hey Mrs. Butterfly! Over here! You want my earrings? Well come get them!" She cried from the bottom of the staircase, roughly only three metres away from Cassandra, hands above her head in the surrender position.
In her haste, she didn't bother to transport, and ran forwards at her, only to get tripped over by the tape, and tumble headfirst into a big tangled mess.
In her struggle to get out, she screamed and thrashed in helplessness when ladybug reached out and ripped the golden sash straight off her waist.
A black butterfly flittered out from the fabric.
Ladybug smiled and took out her yo-yo, opened it up and caught the akuma, purifying it before tapping on her yo-yo to free it.
Then, grabbing the extra roll of tape left over, she threw it into the air, saying miraculous ladybug before the object exploded into ladybugs, and swirled around everything to fix it.
As the butterfly fluttered away, Cassandra's transformation wore of in a ink of purple and black, leaving her back in the outfit she had on when we were talking earlier.
Tugging on the sleeves of her denim jacket, she accepted ladybugs hand for help and pulled herself up.
"Thanks." She acknowledged.
Ladybug gave her a smile and nodded.
"No problem, it's all in the job description." I joked, letting my transformation wear off as I stepped up towards her.
Ladybug looked astonished that I would so casually de-transform in front of someone she didn't trust.
"She already knew." I offered her the explaination.
She nodded and crossed her arms.
Cassandra gazed back at ladybug.
"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, if I'm correct?"
Marinette jerked slightly in surprise as the last spot on her earring gave up her alter-ego.
"How did you know?" She asked.
"That's destiny's secret."

So, what do you guys think? Sorry for the long wait.
Anyway, not much to say now in the author's notes, but hopefully this explained some stuff.
Hope you enjoyed, stay miraculous!

HL🐞
Out!