13 • Lila (UNEDITED)

(This is the original version, and therefore Chloe was dressed up as Marinette instead of Mirelle. I personally thought that that was too unrealistic, so I changed the stuff that went down in the Chloe chapter. Apologies for any inconveniences!)

I bit my nails in apprehension.
Plus, getting stuck with the nerd is always a pain in the butt.
Calm down Lila, always think rationally!
That annoying voice in my head.
Taking two deep breaths, I grabbed my mask and pulled it down onto my face.
"Part two of operation take down Chloe in process." I whispered to myself, ignoring Sabrina's hushed warnings of not to go out and barged past her.
I spotted her on the stage snuggled up to Adrein.
I gritted my teeth.
It was so infuriating how Chloe was so....
Forget that. I pushed past the crowds, clearing a path behind me.
Where was it?
I pushed open the bathroom door and find the stall where Chloe had locked Marinette up.
To be honest, I kinda felt sorry for her, even if she was a pain for liking Adrien.
"Marinette?" I called out.
"Lila?" The croaked reply made me wince slightly.
It was surprising how cruel Chloe actually was.
I was the one of words, she was the one of actions.
(A/N people reading this in the future, I'm just wanted to develop Lila's personality so here's some made up background:)
Sometimes, I regret telling all those lies. I just wanted to get a good, new, first impression to the school. I didn't want to be mistreated like before, in Italy.
Being the underdog, the dorky, nerdy bookworm who always hid at the back of the class, getting bad grades and being teased by all the jerks.
Taking a deep breath, I shook my head clear of these memories and focused on the task at hand.
"Marinette, I'm going to get you out of here, okay?"
There was a heavy silence in the air.
"Okay."
Slowly, I made my way to the disabled cubicle with the chair blocking the door.
Using a little force, I pulled the chair free from the lock and put it aside.
Reaching out a shaky arm I opened the door.
Marinette had a small amount of blood smudging her face from where Chloe had taken her earrings. She was wrapped in a towel, sobbing on the floor. I reached down and held out a hand.
She looked up, tears staining her face and eyes swollen red from crying.
She glanced at my hand, a frown forming slightly on her face before it turned upward into a slight smile.
Reaching up her hand, she grasped mine and I pulled her up onto her feet.
She wobbled for a moment and slung her arm over my shoulder for support.
Finding her balance, she stood up straighter and gave me slight nod.
"Thanks Lila," she says, but I catch her almost unheard whispers, "maybe you'll forgive me one day."

Sorry for not updating in so long, I really hate how short this chapter is. Only 500 words. *bows head down in shame*
But what do you think about my Lila chapter?
Do you think that her background story is okay?
Though I have to thank SmallSnail2 for talking about the idea that Lila could've been mistreated.
Anyway, I think I'll update once a week on this. Saturday's or Sunday's.
HL🐞
Out!