14 • Marinette (UNEDITED)

I heard the door slowly creak open.
"Marinette?" came the unsure, familiar voice.
I hesitated.
"Lila?"
My voice came out as a weak whisper, dry and croaky.
I heard a quiet intake of breath.
"Marinette, I'm going to get you out of there, okay?"
Should I trust her? I thought, I want to forgive her, but my own jealousy is getting too far into my head.
But I need her help.
"Okay," i conclude.
The light shuffles of Lila making her way across the bathroom floor made my heart leap up in comfort.
I was finally getting out of here!
She grunted slightly as I heard the scraping sound of the chair being pulled away from the door.
The door swings open soon after and I'm met with a brown-haired girl looming over my sitting figure. I manage a small, wobbly smile and try to stand up. Curling my legs away from me, I push myself up, only to stumble and fall down again. A hand makes itself visible in my line of vision as I stare back up at Lila, uncertainty lingering behind my eyes. I brush the thought away and clutch her hand. The pressure on my numb legs were pulled away. Without a word, we half walked, I, half stumbled my way across the room, reaching the doorway and heading out.
"Thanks Lila," I lower my eyes and an unseen tear rolls down from my dry, red eyes, "I hope you'll forgive me someday."

284 words. I feel guilty, which is why I'm making this a double chapter. You may now celebrate my luckycharmers! Yup luckycharmers won as the nickname for y'all fantastic readers!
Important A/N in the next chapter, please don't skip it.