22 • Marinette (UNEDITED)

I paced back and forth,
Back and fourth,
Back and fourth,
Tikki was hovering next to me, looking worried while nibbling on a choc-chip cookie.
Back and fourth,
back and fourth,
What if something happened to Adrien? What if he dies?! What if he died, because I wasn't there for him?! What if, what if...
Back and fourth,
Where was that cat?! He should be back by now!
Back and fou-
Tick, Tick, Tick.
Those three small taps, the sound of a sharp object tapping against the hard, glass window snapped me out of my worried trance.
Dashing over to the windowsill, I immediately shove against the glass, trying to open them by force, but to no avail. Sighing, and giving up, I lean my wait against it, scratching my head In thought.  As the answer dawned on me, I smack my head in annoyance and stupidity at myself, for in my hurry, I had forgotten to open the metal safety latch beforehand. Flicking it up, the windows were easily flushed open with a 'click'. I poked my head out, daring it to hang over the 40 metre drop below, trying to get a glance at those cat-like eyes.
And there they are, without warning, suddenly hanging upside down in front of me, startling me into oblivion as I let out a panicked scream, quickly backing up to the other side of the wall with my hand clutched over my heart while tripping over what felt like a thousand things.
'Chatnoir!'
'Well hello M'lady, as beautiful as usual, I think I'll be needing your hand in this mission.'
I shot a glare at him as he casually swung himself down and into my room, throwing that all-too-familiar flirty grin at me, but on the inside, I was flooded with relief that he wasn't hurt... Or worse.
'Wow, no sorry, go on, don't care about the girl that you just scared half-to death and let's just grab ladybug onto a mission I don't even know about.' I rolled my eyes sarcastically, but the corners of my mouth hinted at a grin.
His smile just stretched wider and he innocently blinked at me.
I sigh, shaking my head.
'What's the plan?' I ask.
His playful grin faded away and got serious,
Which doesn't happen often.
'What?' I ask again, my own face falling.
"I'll explain on the way, it's urgent. Cass-I mean, The Forgotten Butterfly, is going to meet us at 8pm inside the town hall. I need you to fight her with me. After all, I can't purify akumas." He replied.
For some strange reason, a nagging feeling started itching at the back of my neck.
There was a conspicuous aura around him, nervousness, and... Guilt?
"Okay,' I spoke, slightly wary, my tone sounding unconvinced, ' Tikki, spots on!'
I saw tikki's small relieved smile on her face as she flew into my earring.

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

'What?' I asked, as I jumped over another gap in the tightly squished apartments of Paris.
'What about me?'
I uttered a groan in frustration.
'The plan, what's the thing I need to know?'
He didn't reply.
I flung my yo-yo over to a sharp edge on a nearby house, then swung across the wide gap in between the buildings.
He propelled over with his staff.
'Okay, get serious and answer me, what's bothering you?'
'What do you think is bothering me?'
There was a hint of pain in his voice, something that a normal stranger wouldn't be able to hear.
But then and again, I'm not just anyone.
I could tell by his rigid, tensed muscles when running, the slight glint of guilt in his eye, the way that he was trying to avoid the question by putting his answers into questions, the stone hard, unreadable look on his face.
'Don't try to avoid the question Chat, answer me straight, what. Is. Bothering. You?.'
He stopped to a halt on the roof, the normal grin on his face smoothed into a slight grimace.
He had one arm playfully leaning on his staff, but his head was angled downwards, blonde hair spilling over his face, but the noticeable iridescent green eyes twisted sideways slightly to make eye contact with me, black mask still giving him the slight mysterious aura.
'Chloe the 2nd Bourgeois. That's her full name."
I felt my eyebrow prick up in a mixture of curiosity and annoyance as I walked over to him, stopping still a good metre away.
'What does that have any-"
"I knew her. I gave her her real name. I gave her the new identity of Cassandra, I'm also responsible for sending her away, into hiding. She has powers, but she's not fully an akuma Ladybug, yet she doesn't own a miraculous. She's the protecter of them."
I felt my eyes widen at his words.
'The protecter?' I asked, mostly to myself, "but master fu..."
"Was never meant to take on the roll."
"What? Why?"
"Cassandra failed her first duty when she was last with master fu, and yes, I know him, when she accidentally brought the moth miraculous to Hawkmoth. I knew this, because I had caught her sneaking around the Agreste Mansion eight years ago, with a hexagonal box in her hands. It was around eleven o'clock at that time, so she wasn't suspecting me to appear. She dropped the box on the spot and disappeared in a cloud of smoke. I tried to find her again, but with no luck. I went back to bed, since it was too dark to find the box in the hallways. In the morning, I went back, but the box..." He trailed off.
'Was gone.' I finished for him.

Suspense suspense suspense!
Yay for all you lucky bugs! Two chapters in one day! How amazing am I?
Anyway, comments and votes appreciated!

HL🐞
Out!