twenty seven

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

*

"Can I tell you a thing?" Niall asked, sneaking a peak at me from under his lashes.

"Yeah, shoot" I tilted my body in his direction, so we were now sitting crossed legged and facing each other.

"I- well I " he paused, eyebrows furrowed cutely.

"Take you time, love" I smiled, placing my hand on his knee in what I hoped to be a comforting manner.

"Can I- can I sing it instead?"

"I -yeah, definitely of course." My eyes widened a bit, my heart picking up its pace.

He got up quickly, making his way to the little display case he had for his guitar. He grabbed a chestnut coloured one, and then walked back to where we were sitting on the carpet.

He plopped down in front of me again, before placing the guitar gently in his lap and positioning it until he was happy.

His hands found the right chords, and he began strumming out a tune.

A beautiful melody filled the room. It was so beautiful, soft and it sounded quite familiar.

He then looked at me shyly, his lip caught in between his teeth. He flashed me a quick smile, one that made me tingle all over. Then he cleared his throat and began.

"I don't know but I think I may be
Fallin' for you dropping so quickly
Maybe I should keep this to myself
Waiting 'til I know you better

I am trying not to tell you
But I want to
I'm scared of what you'll say
So I'm hiding what I'm feeling
But I'm tired of holding this inside my head"

His voice sent pleasant chills down my spine. I'd never heard him sing so sincerely, so seriously. He legit sounded like melted chocolate, if it were to ever have a sound of course.

"I've been spending all my time
Just thinking about you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm fallin' for you

I've been waiting all my life and now I found you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm falling for you.
I'm falling for you."

He put his one hand on top if mine, that was still on his knee and then proceeded to squueze it gently.

It was as if his hand was the only stopping me from drifting away. It was grounding. My anchor.

"As I'm standing here and you hold my hand
Pull me towards you and we start to dance

All around us
I see nobody
Here in silence
It's just you and me

I'm trying not to tell you
But I want to
I'm scared of what you'll say
So I'm hiding what I'm feeling.
But I'm tired of holding this inside my head"

My eyes were drawn to the way in which his fingers moved in such a skillful manner along all the chords. It was rather enchanting.

"I've been spending all my time
Just thinking about you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm fallin' for you