happy valentines day ♡

°♡°

" ... Though I don't believe in magic, I believe in me and you ..."

Zahraa has always been one of those people who get really bummed around this time of the year. She'd get a tad bit irritable and would get the urge to to chuck a dart at every heart shaped pillow, teddy bear, or rose that she would come across.

Valentines day simply wasn't on her list of merry days.

Well up until this year, anyway. 

This year was different. 

This year Zahraa was positively buzzing because this time around, she actually had something to look forward to. Or rather someone, to look forward to seeing.

A certain someone who made her heart beat faster and slower at the same time. A certain lad named Niall James Horan. 

°♡°

Zahraa stood in front of her locker, a serene expression gracing her features. Very rare for a Monday morning,  but today nothing could drag her down today. Nothing at all.

She putting in her combination, the door unlocking swiftly before swinging open. As the door opened, she watched a little sticky note fall next to her feet.

She picked it up, finding a little message written on the one side.

"Roses are red
  Violets are blue
   Puppies are sweet
    But I prefer you."

- Nialler :)

It took everything she had to stop herself from squealing and start shuffling down the hallway. Instead she bit her lip in an attempt to contain her smile, read the note one last time and folded it neatly and tucking it into the little pocket at the front of her polka dotted shirt.

This felt like the beginning of an extraordinary day. 

*♡*

Throughout the morning,  Zahraa kept finding similar notes in the strangest of places. 

She found one in her pencil case during first period, one in the side pocket of her bag, her biology textbook and  another was given to her by a tiny little girl - who didn't look as though she belonged in high school to be honest- who took her hand, placed the note in it before walking away with a knowing smile.

None of the dozens of notes she had gotten had failed to make her smile like a love struck fool and turn seven shades of pink.

They ranged from little compiments such as "you look beautiful today." And "Baby, heaven's in your eyes" , to the corny yet incredibly cute pick up lines such as "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?", "Are you a thief? Because you've stolen my heart" and my personal favourite "Baby you light up my world like nobody else" which was actually a lyric from a song by her favourite band. Her heart was lodged in her throat by the time lunch came around.

She stood by her locker, shoving a few books into it when arms wrapped themselves around her waist, a head resting on her shoulder and someone's warm breath tickling her neck.

"Happy Valentines Day angel" Niall whispered directly into ear, causing her to visibly shiver. 

"Happy Valentines Day Nialler" she whispered back, turning around in his arms in order to face him.

She was greeted by grinning, happy looking Niall, clad in a snapback and a soft, grey
sweater he seemed to be swimming in. It was all rather adorable.  He was adorable.

"Did you find the notes" be asked her, his eyes sparkling, soft of like a child on Christmas morning.

"It was kinda hard not to, especially when I had little girls physically handing them to me. They were really sweet though. No one has ever done anything like that for me before. Thank you" her tone was so sincere and touched that Niall was actually taken aback.

It seemed crazy to him that no one had ever thought to show this amazing girl how special and beautiful she really was.

Maybe it was a good thing though,  seeing as he doesn't deal with jealousy well. That and the fact that he could now spend the rest of his existence making up for it and showing her that she deserves the world. He told her as much.

"You deserve the world, love.  Nothing less. And if you'd let me, I'd love to be the one to give you that"

Zahraa's heart was beating wildly at this point, words failing her completely.  So instead, she let her actions do the talking.

She put her hand gently on Niall's cheek, the other resting on his shoulder. Her eyes never left his and slowly, she got up onto her tippy toes, her head tilting upwards before she pressed her lips against Niall's. She hoped to convey all her emotions, all the words that were caught in her throat with that one sentiment. 

Niall's arms tightened around her waist as he kissed her with just as much enthusiasm.  As if he was trying to relay a message of 
his own. One that felt a lot like "I'll always be there" and "Mine".

They pulled away after what could've easily been minutes with matching blushes on their faces and smiles that could only be described as fond.

"I got you a something. It's in the media center. I know it's not much, but I just thought you'd like it" Niall began as they pulled away slightly. 

"Niall, you didn't have to! Now I feel terrible because I didn't even get you anything or make cute little notes for you to find everywhere" she frowned, feeling a bit bad.

"Please don't feel bad angel. I wanted to, and besides, your smile is the only gift I need" he smiled sheepishly. 

"You sappy, corny, amazing human being! How are you even real?!" Zahraa gushed, shaking her head fondly. "I'm pretty sure I'll love whatever it is though. Lead the way?"

And with that, Niall's arm wrapped around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him and her arm wound itself around his waist. Then they were making their way towards the media center.

°♡°

That night, Zahraa fell asleep with a small smile on her face as she cuddled the plush, snuggly life sized teddy that she had gotten as a gift from Niall and actually smelled a lot like the boy himself. Not that she minded at all.

In fact she couldn't believe that he had remembered their conversation from all those weeks ago when she had confessed to him that she had never had a teddy bear in her life. Ever.

Clearly he took it up himself to fix that and quite frankly,  Zahraa couldn't  be happier.

So maybe Valentines Day wasn't that bad after all.

*     *     *

A/N: I know this is super short and I'm not even sure what this is tbh, but I just feeling all Valentines-y and figure "why not". So this kind of just happened.

I hope you like it tho.

A Happy Valentines Day to you all! Lots of love!

- Glor xx