.Fifty-Seven.

"It seems to me,
                     that love could be labeled poison and we'd drink it anyways."
_______________________

We waited for a taxi to come by and drop Louis before we made our way to the local nightclub, which was not really far according to the people we asked. Layla seemed overly excited; Adam was calm; Louis was nervous for some reason and I couldn't quite figure out what I was feeling. I crossed the world to come and look for her, even though there was a possibility that she was dead. I did everything to keep her alive image planted in my brain, and all this time she threw everything away just to work in a nightclub in Paris?

I was 100% sure that she still loved me, I just felt it. What I was worried about though was her image on that banner. I remembered when we first met how she didn't like to wear bikinis or really short clothing for that matter. Why was she doing this now? I was convinced that she was somehow forced to do it, because I knew my Evangeline and no way she would do this.

We were in front of the nightclub, looking at the two buff body guards before taking a step inside. We were all trapped in our own thoughts though that we didn't notice how one of the bodyguards stopped Layla from entering.

"You look young." He pointed out, his american accent a bit weird.

"And you look like an asshole." She glared and was about to kick him in the balls when I stopped her.

"She's not young, she's nineteen years old." Louis clarified, but they weren't convinced.

"We need something to prove that." We all turned to look at Layla but she huffed.

"I certainly didn't know we were going to a nightclub! All my stuff are back in the hotel."

I ran my hands through my hair out of frustration. This day couldn't get any better.

"Listen you buff dude," Adam looked at him deadly in the eye. "We are not here to swoon all over your strippers or get drunk okay? We are here to meet our friend and then we will leave. That's it."

"Who's your friend?" The guard asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

We shared glances before Adam whispered into my ear. "What if she changed her name? You know, like a new identity."

"Evie?" I muttered, hoping for an answer like 'oh yes, she's here and waiting for you.' But instead he shook his head. I cursed under my breath and took out my phone. I scrolled through the pictures I took of her and there was one that showed all of her features perfectly. I showed the guy the picture and finally his eyes glistened with recognition.

"You mean Mrs.Lola, oh she's here. Come with me." As he was leading the way all I could think of was the name he called her. Not Lola, but 'Mrs'. My stomach dropped immediately at the thought of her married. How the fûck did all of this happen in just three days? The world is such a fucked up place.

"I bet you're excited to meet Mrs.lola " Louis chuckled, nudging my shoulder and I just smiled faintly.

We passed through strippers showing off their bodies for men, drunk college guys grinding over girls and gay couples dancing their arses off on a stage. The guard stopped in front of an office, knocked a few times and waited.

"Come in!" The sweet voice I had used to muttered from behind the door, and that was when my heart skipped a beat.

The guard told us to wait as he entered first telling her that she had guests. At first, her tone was confused as who would come to visit her. I even bet she wouldn't imagine in a million years that we would come all the way from Seattle just to make sure she was alive. Or worse, maybe she just settled with the thought of us grieving on her fake death.