.Thirteen.

"It's so hard to forget pain,but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace."

-edited-

___________________________

So, the strangest thing happened. Harry asked to meet me because he wanted to apologise in a proper way. Yeah, Harry Styles. No not that Harry Styles, Harry Styles from the abandoned building. The mysterious Harry Styles. Our Harry Styles.

Anyway, of course I agreed. For two reasons :
1. I really needed to see Harry apologising in a proper way, it'd be amusing.
2.Well, I kind of thought it was a prank.

I returned from work and headed to my bedroom to change. I guessed that we were going to eat outside, if not I was going to dump him at wherever we were going to be in and eat somewhere. I dressed into a blouse and jeans then headed to the door. I thanked God that Liam was out with Bai again or else he would taunt me for going out with Harry.

I decided to say hello to Niall, since I hadn't seen him in days.

"Evie! How've you been?" He asked with the sweetest smile.

"I'm great, how about you?"

"Great!" He stepped a side for me to come in but I shook my head.

"I just came to say hi." I smiled.

"Oh. Thank you." He gave me a hug and then I headed downstairs.

Harry didn't tell me where I was supposed to meet him so I stood there in the middle of the streets waiting for-

"Evangeline." Someone with a British accent came from behind and I turned around to see a dimpled smile on display.

"I thought you were going to apologise." I teased as he called me by my full first name.

"Let's go somewhere less.. public." He lead me to his car and I sat in the passenger seat in silence, until he broke it with an unexpected question.

"Why don't you like people calling you Evangeline anyway?" He asked, taking a glance at me before giving the road his attention.

"I actually don't know. I think because it sounds kind of old and posh." I shrugged. "Where are you taking me?"

"A quiet place so I can apologise." He responded quickly.

The ride was silent. I didn't know whether it was awkward or comfortable, maybe a mix of both. Harry stopped the car in front of some trees and got out. I followed behind him without questioning. He pushed the leaves aside with his large hands and headed inside with me following behind.

He stood in front of a lake with two swans swimming quietly next to each other. The sun was disappearing under the earth, making the sunset look magical as it was reflected on the lake. I looked next to me to find Harry already sitting on a little table.

"People come here when they want to relax." He extended his arms to gesture towards the people around us. There were some couples sitting on a blanket near the lake, and families sitting on tables laughing and joking. I took a seat adjacent from him as I stared around at the place.

"So.." I leaned on the table looking at him.

"Yeah.. I'm sorry." He looked down.

"For?" I urged on.

"Being an arsehole all the time." He scratched the back of his neck.

"And?"

"Hey! I'm trying to be nice here."