.Fifty-Five.

"This means something, but it won't last."
________________________

I woke up to find myself in my bed, at my house. I rubbed my eyes slowly before looking around me.

"Evie.." I called her, wondering where she went since she wasn't on the other side of the bed.

I went to the living room, finding Liam, Niall and Louis talking in hushed voices. All of their expressions plain.

"Good morning guys." I greeted. All of their heads snapped up and each one of them kept staring at me for too long.

"Where's Evie?" I asked them, looking at the kitchen hoping she was there flipping pancakes.

Their response was nothing but glossy eyes, sad smiles and heads down. My heart beated so fast, and my brain screaming at me to not remember or think.

Do not remember.
We got kidnapped.
Do not think.
She was in her underwear.
Do not recall.
She got shot in the head.
Do not cry.
She died.

"Nooooo!" I screamed on the top of my lungs, breaking a vase and punching the walls.

"Harry.." A hand approached from behind so I turned around with red eyes and punched.

The groan broke me from my trance, and I realised that I just hit Liam. I punched him because he was trying to make me calm down. I shook my head slowly and made my way out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I paced quickly on the sidewalks, my breathing became hitched and my chest was closing. I couldn't take normal breaths so I went behind a tree and slid down. I broke down. I cried so fucking hard like I've never cried before. Looking down at my dirty white shirt and sweatpants where my tears were planted, I realised how much I was a mess. My heart was physically hurting me. I wanted nothing but to snatch it out of my ribcage and throw it away with the pain.

"Why.." I sniffled, crying more. Letting it all out.

"Why!" I yelled through cries, kicking the ground. I rested my head between my knees and continued crying until I felt numb.

...

"Hey.." Someone was nudging my shoulder, but I ignored it and kept my eyes closed. He/she was nudging my shoulder again until I looked up.

"What?" I snapped.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to bother you." A girl apologised.

"No problem."

"Your eyes are so puffy, do you need a doctor?" She was sweet, but I wasn't going to take sweet right now.

"I don't need anything."

"Are you lost?" She was curious, I could tell.

"Do I look like a fucking five year old to you?" I groaned and she took steps backwards. I wasn't going to apologise or feel sorry for her. I was having enough by my own.

She didn't give up though, instead she took a seat next to me. I looked at her with raised eyebrows waiting for her to talk or say anything. She took out a book from her bag and started reading quietly, her reddish long hair falling in front of her freckled face. Her eyelashes were naturally long, but there was a winged eyeliner which popped out the blue of her eyes.

"Can you stop staring at me?" She spoke up.

"Can you stop sitting next to me?" I spoke back.

"You can go and sit anywhere else." She shrugged, pissing me off even more.

"I came here first, now go away and leave me alone." I talked in a quiet tone, hoping for her to leave me the fuck alone.

"What's your story?" She closed her book and turned to me.