.Twenty-Four.

"Hearts are wild creatures, that's why our ribs are cages."
___________________________

-Evie's P.O.V-

"I really had a great time." Harry said once he dropped me off in front of my building.

"Me too. You really managed being nice the whole time." I chuckled.

"Well, I tried." He sent me a wink.

We exchanged good nights and I made my way to the house with a goofy smile plastered on my face. I really had a wonderful time.

I changed into my pyjamas and decided to listen to some music. I didn't listen to music for a while. I connected my mobile with the laptop and I Really Like You by Carly Rae Jepsen started booming through the speakers. I was enjoying it but I didn't sway or dance, instead I kept sitting on the bed smiling and picking at the end of the sheets.

The song somehow made sense. Just today I felt like I really really really really really like him. I found myself questioning the feelings I had towards Tyler. I mean, I loved Tyler but it was different than my like to Harry. Although Tyler was love and Harry was like, the way I smiled and felt around Harry was way better than when I was around Tyler.

Was I actually suspecting my feelings towards the boy who had been my boyfriend for three years? For the boy who I trusted enough to give him the most precious thing a girl could ever have? For the boy who I actually planned on a wedding with him a few months ago? I guess I was.

The song shifted to Fire N Gold by Bea Miller. I let myself fall on the bed and rested my head on the mattress. I kept staring at the ceiling with the same damned smile. I even had butterflies today with him. I always had butterflies with Tyler, but the ones I had with Harry were totally different.

I looked at my phone and it was 12:05. Harry was already in the building since he didn't go at 8 because he was out with me. I took a long breath and closed my eyes for a few minutes.

I even liked Harry without knowing him. I didn't know what he was doing all the time in the building. I didn't know why he moved from England to here with his sister without their parents. I didn't know his middle name. I didn't know his parents. I didn't know his past. I didn't know his history. What I knew was that he was involved with some dangerous gang. That and the fact that his mood changed really quickly.

The doorbell rang. I snapped my eyes open. The clock on the wall said that it was 12:30. I suspected it was Harry. I stepped into the living room and took a coat from the hanger. I looked from the magic eye and was a bit surprised when I found my handsome blonde neighbour.

"Niall?" I greeted when I opened the door.

"Sorry, Evie. I probably woke you up." He scratched the back of his neck.

"I didn't sleep. Come in."

He stepped inside. He was in grey sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt. He sat on the couch and I went to pour him some guava juice.

"Thanks." He sent me a fake smile. I could see it.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How did you know?"

"It's kind of obvious." I chuckled.

"Okay, Kim broke up with me. Actually, I broke up with her." He sighed.

"Why? I thought you loved each other." The news saddened me. Really.

"She stole something from me. Can you believe it? She actually stole something from me." He shook his head and laughed.