New Harley

I want to dedicate this chapter to a reader. 
Skulls_and_Blood

----------------------------------------

"Dr. Quinzel?" I could hear through the door, The Joker is here...probably. 

I walked to the door and opened with a smile but instead of seeing Mr. J, there was another doctor. 

"Uh, is something wrong?" I asked feeling a little disappointed. 

"No, I just wanted to let you know that Dr. William will like to speak to The Joker right now, so you won't see him today." The strange doctor said. Before I could agree he turned around and left.

"Okay..." I said to the now empty stop where The Joker was standing. I felt...sad?

I guess I will just go home now, since The Joker was supposed to be my last patient. So I guess I can leave now. 

I walked through the door and went out. As soon as I was in my car I went straight to my house.

*3 hours later*

I parked infront of Bruce's house and got out. I slowly rang the door and insted of seeing Bruce I saw two young teenagers about the same age.

"Hey you're the girl who is treating The Joker right? I'm Barbara Gordon and this is  Dick Grayson" Barbara said with a smile. 

"It's a pleasure, my name is Harleen, I am here to meet with Bruce" I said sweetly.

"Yeah, Barbara spent all afternoon cooking dinner for you two" Dick said with a smile. 

"That's great" I answered not knowing what to say. 

"Follow me, I'll take you to the dining area and Bruce will be there in a moment" Barbara said. I was about to follow her when I heard Bruce yell.

"Barb, Dick come on we have to go" I heard Bruce yell. 

"I'm sorry Harleen but you have to go, come back tomorrow" Barbara said while pushing me out the door. 

That was weird, but okay, I may come tomorrow. Or I'll leave him planted like he left me. Stupid rich boy. 

*The Next Day (Afternoon)*

"I read your file. The beatings by your father, the abandonment by your mother, the failed criminal career, and then your little 'accident'" I said to The Joker as soon as he walked into my office. "All the buildings blocks to your psychosis and murderous mind. But we both know it's all a load of bull" I said staring at him.

"Do tell." The Joker said back.

"It's about control." I answered proud of myself.

"Control? Then you haven't been following my career Pumkin" The joker smiled back.

"Oh, but I have. You're quite the performer. You create mayhem so you can be the eye of the storm. Because in that storm everything gets turned upside down but you. Hiding behind your madness is control. The way I see it, you're just a control freak with a sense of humor" I said back with a confident voice. 

"HAHAHA! Oh, I like this one. Different than the usual privileged, blue-blooded eunuchs they set me up with. You got spunko, kiddo. But you have to where you came from. Your accent screams New York. But not the Rockefeller variety. Let me guess...Local girl done good. National honor society, scholarships, etcetera, etcetera. But something's missing. Something that drives you. Something you want but you can't have." The Joker said simply as if it all was a joke.