Chapter Thirty Eight

This chapter will be told in Chase's Perspective

She looked heavenly as the sun shone over her pale skin and illuminated her blonde hair. The crisp white bed sheets lay softly over her body, hugging her curves and catching the light as it crept through the window in a bid to wake her from her sleep.

She gently moaned and let her eyes fall open, catching mine as they quietly watched her in her peaceful state.

"Good, it wasn't a dream" she whispered through a large smile - like she did every morning in the exact same way.

"No, beautiful" I whispered back to her "You can't get rid of me that easily"

She rolled over to lay her head on my chest as she gripped hold of my chest tightly before slowly releasing with a soft moan.

"Can we stay like this forever please?" she asked as she tilted her head up to mine and softly placed a kiss on my lips.

"If I get a say in the matter we will" I replied before taking her face in my hands and passionately kissing her whilst softly rolling her back onto her back.

"Stay right there" I ordered with a devilish smile before making my way to my suitcase and retrieving a small black box.

As I returned to the bed, her eyes lit up in surprise. "No, no, it's not that" I eased before opening the box to show her a golden heart pendant on a white gold chain.

"I've been trying to find the right moment to give this to you" I started as I took the necklace from its case. "I couldn't think of a better moment then right now. This is where we are us. Where you are in your purest form. Where I feel safe ... at home"

I handed the necklace to her for her to inspect. "Oh Chase, it's absolutely perfect" she gushed with wide eyes as she intricately rubbed her finger over the smooth, golden heart.

"It was my Mothers" I continued.

"What?! Chase! I can't take this from you!" she gasped, trying to return the pendant to my hand.

"No, I want you to have it" I said as I gently pushed her hand back toward her chest. "I want you to have something that means just as much as you mean to me and money can't buy this. I want you to look at it and remember how much I adore you. You are my family Annabelle and I would do anything I have to in order to keep you safe and happy. Remember that."

A tear fell from her eye and fell slowly down her cheek. "I don't know what to say" she whispered, her voice breaking as she spoke.

"Just say that you love me and you will wear it" I replied with a small smile creeping over my face.

"Oh of course I will wear it!" she exclaimed as she surged toward me and engulfed me with her arms. "I have no words for how much I love you Chase Thomas." She whispered into my ear as she rubbed her fingers softly through my hair, sending shivers down my spine.

"Ditto" I replied, pulling her body into me tighter as I spoke.

*Ring Riiiiing*

"Ah, of course the doorbell would ring right now!" she exclaimed with a roll of her eyes. "Hold that thought!" she smiled before pecking me on the cheek and running from the room.

I laid back on the bed and looked at the necklace that meant so much to me as I twirled it through my fingers. I could remember my Mother wearing it in every single memory I had of her from when I was a child. I couldn't think of a better way to show Annabelle just what she means to me then to give her the one thing that meant the world to me.

"Ahhhhhhh" I heard Annabelle scream which caused me to jump up immediately from the bed and rush to her side at the front door. She stood with the door closed, her back against it, looking like she had seen a ghost.

"What is it?!" I asked through heavy breaths after what felt like having a heart attack from fear.

"Paparazzi everywhere!" she replied with a shaken voice.

"What?! How?!" I yelled before looking through the window to see at least fifty people littered over the front yard of the house with cameras at the ready.

"I don't know!" she exclaimed with a look of pure fear painted over her beautiful face.

"I do!" I spat with clenched teeth. "Fucking Caleb!"