Chapter Three

Dedicated to BridgetBritneyGoligh - My THIRD Reader to ADD to Reading List - Thank you X

"I will be okay Mum, I'll only be a call away if you need me for anything" I stressed down the phone. "My flight leaves at midday tomorrow. I'd better go and finish packing".

Growing up, my parents were hard working, good hearted, warm people who tried their hardest to give me all that I needed.

My father owned his own plumbing business. He started it from scratch working as a plumbers Apprentice until he acquired the skill and money to go out on his own.

He would work tirelessly to make ends meet and put food on the table.

I remember wanting to learn to play piano as a child. I had overheard my parents discuss it one night. They clearly couldn't afford to provide me with such a luxury.

I can remember the weeks that followed. I barely saw my father between the hours of school ending and bedtime.

I would hear him come home late, hours after I had gone to bed and by the time I woke up in the morning, he was gone again.

When life went back to normal and I would have Dad at home for dinner, he surprised me with an electric keyboard. I know all of the long hours were for me. We never discussed it, but I will never forget how much that meant to me.

My mother worked part time as an Assistant to a School Principal.

Somehow she still managed to keep the house tidy, run after me and provide us with a cooked meal every night without complaint.

When Mia's mother passed away, we were in Second grade at school. Mia went through a lot of ups and downs that year and Mum took her on as her own. She would bring Mia's father and brothers home cooked meals and would insist that Mia spend as much time as she could with me.

When Mia started growing into a woman, Mum discussed the important 'womanly' things with her. Anything Mia needed, Mum made sure to provide for her. Mia quickly became family and my mother's strength is to thank for that.

I couldn't ask for better role models. The one thing I have always adored about them is their strong, unbreakable bond and eternal love for one another.

Together, they were the strongest people I knew. Newly retired they are living out their lifelong dream of travelling around Australia together.

"Give our love to Mia and call as soon as you land!" my mother pleaded.

"I will Mum, I love you. Send my love to Dad" I hung up the phone and continued back to my bedroom to finish the last of packing my suitcases before tomorrow's departure.

Mia had left an hour before and together we had managed to get the majority of the packing done in a short time.

*Ring Ring* My phone was running hot tonight. I looked down to see "Incoming Call from Caleb" I hesitated before finally deciding to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Belle" replied his quiet voice "Is it true? You're leaving?" I could hear the pain in his voice. "Damn it Mia" I thought

"Yes Caleb, but what does it matter? Nothing will change" I replied

"Everything will change! That's just it! I'm outside, please let me inside"

"You're here?" I replied, shocked "Okay, I'll come downstairs". Before leaving my room I quickly sent a text to Mia

_____________________

Text to Mia: "You're in so much trouble"
____________________

I instantly received a reply

___________________

Text from Mia: "Talk to him Belle. You owe it to yourself"

___________________

I rushed downstairs to open the front door.

Caleb stood in the doorway looking somewhat broken. His brown hair fell over his brow, just long enough to touch his eyelashes as they blinked. His brown eyes looked sad - older, like they had aged in the two months since I had seen him.

He looked as though he had the weight of the world standing on his shoulders.

"Come in! It's freezing out there!" I beckoned. Caleb walked in and tried to warm his hands with his breath as he rubbed them together. "I'll make us some tea. Stand by the fire, you'll warm up soon enough" before I could walk away he grabbed my hand

"Belle" he whispered "Come here". He pulled me close to his chest and held me tight. He let out a huge sigh and with the next breath, whispered "I've missed you". I gripped him tighter without saying a word.

We stood just like that, in the doorway for some time before I pulled away from his grip.

"How about that cup of tea?" I smiled. With that, his face lightened. He looked like years had shed from his eyes since only 5 minutes earlier.

"That sounds great" he said, smiling back at me.

DID YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER?

LET ME KNOW BY VOTING.

PRESS THE STAR AT THE BOTTOM LEFT <3