Chapter Twenty Three

Dedicated to booktographer - A special reader who instantly reads and votes for the story.  You keep me writing and I thank you so so much. X

After such an amazing day at Santa Monica Pier, we made our way inside Chase's home to find that Candice had already made her way to bed.

"Big day for her" I giggled to Chase as I pointed to a rack of dresses that sat in the Living Room.

"I'm just happy she had some fun" Chase replied, smiling at me in return.

I made my way to sit at the grand piano, gliding my hands softly over the polished black wood. As I lifted the cover that encased the row of immaculate white and black keys, I looked to Chase in search of any expression that would show that I wasn't welcome to touch such a magnificent instrument.

Chase gave a small smile indicating his approval which caused me to look back down at the keys and rub my fingers over the sleek, smooth Ivory. Positioning my fingers into the correct chords, I gently pressed the keys to produce the beautiful, soft melody of 'Clair de lune' by Claude Debussy, a result of the piano Dad had worked so tirelessly to provide me.

Chase moved to stand behind me, placing his hands softly on my naked upper arms as I softly swayed with the melody, my eyes closed as I felt the music surround me.

Soft kisses on my neck made it hard to concentrate and as they made their way up my neck to my ear, I was unable to continue playing all together. I turned to face Chase's lust filled eyes.

"I didn't know you could play" he whispered as he moved my top from my shoulder, rubbing his soft hand over my skin. Goosebumps rose on my skin as his gentle touch radiated through my body.

He leant down to kiss my shoulder before moving his mouth to my lips, engulfing them with his kiss. Gently cupping my face with his hands, he kissed me more passionately with each second that passed.

He gently picked me up with ease and made his way to the side of the piano before draping my body over its lid. I laid there with my eyes closed as I felt his touch tenderly move over my body making it's way from my neck, down my chest, over my stomach, around to my hips and down my legs before moving back up to mirror its path and taking my shoulders in its grip to gently raise my upper body to meet his gaze. Raising his hands to run his fingers through my hair, before slowly pulling my head toward his to catch my lips with a tender kiss.

He pulled my body from the piano, wrapping my legs around his body as he continued to passionately entwine his lips with mine and walk toward the giant stairwell. As though I was a feather in his grip, he carried me up the stairs and into his bedroom at the end of the hall, laying me softly on the immaculately dressed king bed. The satin sheets lightly caressed my skin and instantly cooled the warmth radiating from my body.

I let every thought escape my mind as he explored my body with his and felt overwhelmed with emotion as we spent hours exchanging a million feelings without uttering a word.

__________________

Light shone through the sheer white curtains and landed on my eyelids causing me to open them with a squint. As I took in the room around me, I remembered the amazing moments of the day before. I turned in the satin sheets that covered my naked body to see Chase sleeping soundly next to me. I immediately rejoiced in my mind that I hadn't dreamt the whole scenario in my head.

As I looked at the angelic creature lying next to me, my thoughts quickly changed to anxiety as I worried that he might wake and regret his actions from last night. After all, I wasn't anyone special. I wasn't a Hollywood Star like Scarlett Simms, I wasn't rich or famous - I wasn't on his level. I was a nobody from Australia - make that a newly unemployed nobody from Australia who couldn't give him even half of what he already had. Panic started to set in as my eyes jolted around the room in search for my clothes. I quietly made my way out of the bed and quickly dressed myself before tip toeing to the bedroom door, in hope I wouldn't wake Chase before he woke up and realized what a mistake he had made.

"You wouldn't sneak out on a poor bloke would you Annabelle?" Chase chimed as he sat up in the bed, taking in the scene before him.

My eyes widened as my mind yelled at me in frustration "Shit shit shit shit shit" I thought as I slowly turned to face him, a slight, awkward smile falling across my face.

"Come here nutcase" Chase demanded with a large smile illuminating his beautiful face.

I made my way to the bed where Chase held the satin sheet up for me to enter. I snuggled in in front of him as he wrapped me up in his arms. "Don't let those crazy thoughts enter your mind" he whispered into my ear. I was startled, amazed that he knew what I was thinking. "You're mine" he said as he turned me around to face him, planting a soft kiss on my lips.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, pulling away from his embrace as I looked down, unable to make eye contact. "I just thought..." I started, continuing to look down. Without letting me continue, he hushed me by pulling my chin up so that my eyes fell on his.

A tear fell from my eye as a feeling of melancholy rushed over my body. "I'm not good enough for you" I cried, the full realization slinging to my mind.

Chase gasped as he pulled my body toward his and held me tightly before pulling me away looking at me with stern eyes as he spoke "Are you crazy?" he spat "Look at you! You are absolutely amazing. You're beautiful, kind hearted, caring, thoughtful... and I know what you did for me with Franca!" he slightly shook me as the anger released from his body "No one has ever done anything like that for me before Annabelle!! No one!! Do you think I'm going to let you sit here and say you are anything less than the woman of my dreams?"

I sat paralyzed, unable to put thought to words as I contemplated what he was saying.

"Annabelle, I'm trying to tell you that I am falling in love with you. Can't you see that?"

His words radiated through my mind like a vibrating symbol on a drum kit. "I'm scared Chase" I whispered as I let my heart pour out in front of him. "You're Chase Thomas and I'm, well... just me. I'm falling for someone that I'm meant to see on my TV, appreciate and never, ever fall for... You could break my heart with one look and I would never escape you. You're everywhere. You're on billboards, the radio, the TV, in music stores, magazines... Everywhere. You could walk up to the next Victoria Secret model and forget me in an instant. I'm in too deep and I'm petrified of the heartbreak to follow." Tears now flowing steadily from my eyes.

"Do you think I would give my heart to just anyone?" Chase whispered back to me "I have never ever felt like this and to be honest Annabelle, I'm petrified. You're the only person in the entire world who can hurt me. Really hurt me and it terrifies me." His brow was crooked with angst as the words fell from his lips.

I was amazed to hear that he was feeling exactly as I was. My heart raced in my chest as pain released around my heart. I couldn't recognize this feeling as I had never felt it before. It was a pure ache through my chest but it didn't cause me concern. The most confusing part, was I was happy. I was feeling ecstatic with happiness, but yet pain resided in my body as I felt it. This has to be it. Truer than I had ever felt it before. It had to be Love.

Without saying another word, I moved my body to nestle back in front of him so that he could engulf me in his embrace. I closed my eyes as I felt his warmth radiate through my body holding onto the moment for as long as I possibly could until the day forced us to rise to its attention.