Chapter Twenty One

Dedicated to @SaLoCha27 - A new fan - X

After five minutes of constant squealing, we turned onto Rodeo Drive. My fear was instantly put to the back of my mind as I took in my surroundings.

The streets were lined with beautiful people, dressed to perfection. A flash of designer brandings passed my face as we drove – Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Bvlgari, Miu Miu – I was in awe. Beautiful cars sat on the road's edge, shining impeccably as though they were just driven from the showroom floor. I felt like I had been picked up and plonked in the middle of the set of a movie. The feeling was surreal.

As Rodeo Drive became further and further away, I could smell the salt of a sea breeze as it hit my face. Excitement filled my body as memories of my beachy home circled my thoughts. Soon enough, I could see the ocean horizon becoming closer as Chase weaved in and out of traffic before parking at the curb of an area overlooking a beautiful, sandy beach.

Chase turned off the motor and pulled his helmet off, shaking his hair so it settled roughly over his brow. With a lift of his leg, he was off the bike and turned to help me with my helmet.

As he took the helmet from my face, he cupped my chin with his hand "We're there" he said softly with smiling eyes. I gave an excited smile back at his before looking around to see a buzz of people walking up and down the pier, seagulls soaring through the air and, most incredibly, a huge Ferris Wheel surrounded by a large rollercoaster filling the bright blue sky.

My eyes lit up as I turned back to look at Chase who mimicked my face as soon as his eyes hit mine. "Fun Park?" I asked in a high pitched voice.

"Welcome to Santa Monica Pier" chimed Chase with a mischievous smile.

"This place is utterly amazing!" I squealed as he helped me off the bike. After fastening our helmets to the side of the bike, he turned to face me before asking "So, are you ready?".

"Yes!" I squealed, jumping up and down before turning to make our way in the direction of the pier.

___________________

We walked to a restaurant at the end of the pier, taking everything in as we passed. A large historic Carousel, dodgem cars, games, fluffy toy prizes.. I was in heaven.

With each new activity we passed, I jumped on the spot in excitement as I called their name and pointed in their direction. "Chase! look! look! Arcade games!" I yelled as my eyes jolted from one side of the pier to the other.

 Chase looked down at me in admiration as I re-lived my childlike sense of excitement. I felt his hand slip into mine, making me pause, stopping to attention next to him.

I looked down at our hands that were now intertwined and back up to Chase in disbelief that he was holding my hand in public. Chase leaned down and softly kissed my lips. As he moved back, his eyes opened and smiled at the creases. "Am I allowed to hold your hand Annabelle?" he asked with a smile.

"Yes, I mean, of course" I spluttered as I tried to explain my odd behavior. "It's just, we're in public. I don't want any more trouble for you" I finally explained.

"All I care about is this moment, right now" he said as he leaned in again kissing me tenderly before moving away to look deeply into my eyes.

I smiled, my whole face lightening as I stared back into his eyes. It felt like an entire conversation was exchanged between us in that moment. He smiled again before turning to lead me to the restaurant, opening the door and ushering me inside.

________________

After an amazing lunch, the hours passed like minutes as each were full of laughter whilst he bumped me on the dodgem cars, beat me in the duck shooting game, argued with me over the name of Cotton Candy when everyone knows it's called Fairy Floss, held me tight as we dipped on the roller coaster, scoffed when I beat him in Mortal Kombat 3, chased me when I teased him for being a lousy arcade player and threw me over his shoulder as he playfully held me to ransom over a rubbish can – promising to throw me in if I didn't recall my nasty words.