Chapter 23

A/N: Guys... it only hit me today that we have like... four more chapters... *starts tearing up again* NO! NO TEARS!

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE SAID THIS ENOUGH! N O T H I N G! THAT IS WHAT I OWN. Well... except for my OC's...

Nevaeh's POV

I trudged though the blistering heat as I followed Luke. While we still had some time before he had to go, we agreed upon going to his first master's home in order to find out more about.. well.. everything.

I had to agree with Master Kenobi's idea to live on Tattooine. Not many, even by speeder, would travel out this far into the dune sea. No one would suspect a former peacekeeper of the Galaxy to have been hiding out here. But there it was against the jagged rocky terrine was a sun battered hut, just small enough not to be a house, but also to big to just be a shack. I knew even in the short time Luke had known 'Ben' the old Jedi Master had grown on him, like an Uncle figure of sorts. So this was not gonna be easy.

Right before we entered the small abode I stopped and grabbed Luke's shoulder gently. He looked back at me, slightly confused.

"Luke are you sure about this? I know you want answers but... are you sure your ready for them?" I asked. He turned to the hut and stared for a long moment, and when he looked back at me I saw his fierce determination burning in his eyes.

"Nevaeh, I have to know. If there are any answers in there... I have to know them. I know I can trust Ben's words over.. his.. any day. And I need to know more about the Jedi, chances are they are there." He emphasized this by pointing at the hut. I nodded, but frowned.

"Just.. be prepared for what you may find. Okay?" I was worried. I knew that Vader was his father, but Master had warned me about the sensitivity of those visions. So reluctantly I didn't tell him what I knew. It hurt to keep such valuable information about his parents away from him, but what could I do? Master Yoda and Master Qui-Gon had trusted me with that knowledge. And I wasn't going to give it out unless I was given permission for it specifically. So I agreed to this, but before I had suggested we just go straight to Master Yoda. But Luke thought this is what we needed to do. Sometimes people wanted to go the extra mile to figure things out, and Luke was just like Padme in that sense.

We opened the door and entered the hut. It didn't look as if it had been touched in years. It looked very.. quaint. There was a small area for a kitchen, a bed tucked in the corner, small shelves holding a few books, and a chest that had been pushed against the far wall. Luke looked around the room, I could tell he was reminiscing about that day.

He had told me about the day once. But he didnt speak about it much after that. It was hard to believe the day I had met him, so full of hope and ready to fight, he had lost so much and took a new course in life. And it all began when Obi-Wan had handed him the saber. Without a word I walked over to one of the shelves and started looking, and Luke followed in suit.

I searched through the books, nothing. I checked around the room for anything that could be helpful, still nothing. Finally I moved to the chest. Luke, who also had yet to find anything, joined me at my side. I moved my hand over to the lip of the chest, preparing to open it, but I couldn't help but feel like I was intruding. Wasn't it wrong to disturb a dead man's personal belongings? Looking over to Luke, I knew he was thinking the same thing, but... everything was telling me to open it. So I did.

A puff of dust flew up as I opened it, causing the both of us to cough and fan it away. When I finished my coughing fit I noticed the chest was filled with a few different memorabilia. A peice of shoulder armor with the symbol of the old Jedi Order and a small braid of auburn hair (A/N: I know what your thinking but NO. Just no. I have something different planned). Along with those were many books, but upon further inspection I saw that these were journals. Personal ones.