Chapter 17

A/N: So.... new POV and new part of the story. So instead of focusing on the Bridger family, it's gonna focus on a few... Vizsla's. Rebel_Renegade here is what's going on!

Zoe's POV

What a week.

I finally had settled in my bed for the night, it was very late and most everyone was more then likely asleep. But like normal nowadays I was up way past everyone.

We all had been very worried for the two other members of our family, I had taken it upon myself to at least get Ky to move. Which had only worked a couple of times when I finally lost my patience and dragged out of the room. Mom had tried to get Uncle Ez to do the same, even offering to take his place so he could get some sleep, but my surrogate uncle flat out refused to leave his beloved wife and sons. Not that any of us blamed him of course, I'm sure I wouldn't have left Mom's side either if rolls were reversed.

Or him... My conscious whispered. I immediately stiffened at the thought. I could feel the visor of my helmet staring at me from across the room. It had been nearly an entire year since... since he left. I turned toward the wall and tried to rid him out of my mind. I tried to focus on sleeping, but it was useless. I stood up with a huff and walked out the door, grabbing my armor and set of paints as I went.

This is how I ended up in the commons adding new designs, touching up old ones, or just staring at whatever peice of armor I was holding while clutching a paint brush in my hand. I had changed up the colors quite abit, instead of it being teal, gold, black, and silver it was now purple, black, and just the slightest hint of gold. They all had meanings, ones that after what happened meant quite abit. Red meant Honoring a Father and blue meant reliability so I combined the two and that is what I got. Honestly, I had been extremely upset at the time and when I picked those colors so that is why once I traded depressed for anger, I ended up with gold that represented vengeance and finally black that represented justice.

I bet your all wondering what happen... well... that is gonna take some explaining...

/Flashback/

It was about a year ago...

Me, Nevaeh, and the boys had out gathering supplies, it was punishment for a fight the boys had gotten into which I had tried to break up. Vaeh being there just collateral damage.

Dad was on a solo mission, and he hadn't reported back at all. It had been over two weeks at the most! So during the whole run I was very impatient, same way I broke up the fight too. And everyone who knew Zoe Vizsla knew not to mess with me when I was worried, angry, upset, etc. For it would only end up bad for them.

During the run though I felt like something was off, an after effect of my training when I was younger... always be aware, even if meant always being suspicious. And right then, my suspicion was at an all time high. The whole time I felt like we were being followed, which given we were fugitives of the Empire wasn't all to surprising, but it was just... different...

Once we made our way back to our ship, it was Dash who found the holodisk, that damn holodisk... It had the words, To Zoe, carved into the top of it. I found it strange, incredibly strange. So fearing a tracker or something of that nature could have been impeded in it I had immediately placed the disk into the projector to see what it was all about.

And the results of it all had been shocking, devastating to say the least.

It was a letter, from... from him. Upon seeing this I had ushered the trio of siblings out of sight of the projection. Once they had left the ship temporarily and quickly read the what the letters content held. Here is what it said.

Dear Zoe,

I know you will be angry with me. You and your mother both, but I know this has to be done. Saying goodbye has never been an easy task, especially when you know its... well forever...
I guess I should just say it, I won't be coming back from my mission. I'm afraid that if I continued to live my life around you all... I fear it would only put all of you in danger. I'm a coward, it just that simple. But I would rather be a coward then hurt you, your mother, or any of the rest of them. I will not tell anyone why, I don't think anyone would understand. But I hope in time I hope you all could forgive me for my actions...
I can't help but remember you as a runt, so curious, so smart, but so naive. You trusted a complete stranger with your life upon meeting them and knowing them for no more then an hour, that worried me. But as you grew I noticed that naivety become nothing, I guess your mother and Skylee knew what the hell they were doing when you were being brought up. But I can't help but remember that feeling, whenever me and Sabine would visit, whenever you called me 'dad'. That feeling of pride, though you were never really 'mine' in a biological sense, I felt that fatherly pride that I've only heard about. And now that you've grown up from that mischievious mismatched bright-eyed little girl with a love for danger, into a young lady who, with still a love for danger, has a more wider horizon. Who knows that life or death just isn't a game. You are much like your mother in a sense, and that makes me smile. My advice my little mandalorian, don't change. Stay brave. And give the kids little runts of sons a chance, they are really trying there.
Ugh, when did I become such a mushy di'kut?
In time... I may return, but nothing is certain. And be angry with me for as long as you need to. I won't put it past you.

I will never forget you my ad'ika.

Your Buir.
/Flashback over/

Ever since that day it's been nothing but searching for answers and sleep depravation.

Was I was still angry after a year, oh yes. Yes I was. Mom had gotten a letter as well, but she had never let me read it, but I didn't care. She had tried countless times to talk to me, but I never would. I played I was fine, that I wasn't broken, but it was just a sheild. Because when I was at my strongest to everyone else.

That is when I'm broken the most...

A/N: Wow. I bet that changed so many opinions on little miss Zoe huh?

di'kut: Idiot

ad'ika: Daughter, Son, term of endearment for children

Buir: Father

{KISSES}

~God Bless You~

-This is Rebel_Princess signing off-