Because I Don't Already Talk About This Enough . . . Books

Yes, I'm doing another book tag thing. I found several on Tumblr this time (I may or may not have purposely searched for them). The thing is I'm writing this on August 2, 2016 and if my schedule went as planned it should now be like September 21, 2016. So it's August 2nd right now and I'm reading The Infinite Sea. I don't particularly like it. It's suffering from major second book syndrome. So, instead of reading, I'm doing this tag. Now I've combined several tags together here. So let's jump into it. 

Who or what sparked your love of literature?

I had to read a book for school in 6th grade and I had just picked up one of the first books in the school library. It was The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan. Thus started my reading love. I fell in love with the book and had to have my own copy. That lead to me buying the rest of the series. It also lead me to meeting one of my best friends who was/is obsessed with the series. 

Do you have an 'odd' book habit? 

I don't think it's odd, but I never leave the house without a book. Literally. Even if I'm just going to the gas station which is literally less than a block from my house, I bring a book. 

Do you have a book that you think has changed your life? How?

Well, The Lightning Thief did. It made me fall in love with reading which turned my life into a person being absolutely obsessed with books. Books are the reason I don't have money. I get paid and I instantly buy books. 

Which book have you reread most frequently?

The Percy Jackson series. I've probably read each book 10 times now. 

You can meet any author and ask one question. What author would you chose and what question would you ask?

Suzanne Collins and my question would be: 

What do girls who have their period do in the Games? 

Like seriously. What do they do? They're bleeding from their vagina while fighting for their lives. How do they do it? I don't even want to get out of bed then. 

Trust me, I obviously ask the important questions here. 

Best book of this year so far?

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger 

It was a first time read of this book and this author for me. But I absolutely love Holden's character. 

Imagine you've started a book and don't like it. Do you see the experience through to the bitter end, or are you able to walk away from it mid story?

I always finish a book I started even if I have to skim through the rest of it. I'm a stubborn asshole if you haven't noticed. I also hold out hope that maybe it will get better . . . but it never usually does. 

What book is top of your wish list/TBR pile?

At this moment, it's my two books for school because as I mentioned before although this is published on September 21, I'm writing this on August 2. I start school on August 23rd and I haven't read the two books for my summer reading yet. 

1984 be George Orwell

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

Favorite place to read?

My bed. 

If you buy books, do you lend them out? Ever had a bad experience?

If you're family or a friend it's possible. I would lend books out to joshhutchersonlover2 but that's it. But we don't live close to each other so that's never happened. It potentially could one day.