Chapter 35: Surprise.

[Shane's POV]

(A week later)

It's been a week since I got out away from Jessica. I got a few stitches from the cuts she had made and after that I got back to my parents. Anna drove me home and explained to them most of the story. I remember seeing their eyes filled with tears and their tight hugs. I was happy to be back. I haven't been to school since I didn't feel like it. 

Joey and I have texted and he would call to check in on me. As well as my friends. But I just needed some time right now. And here I am. Laying in my cold bed at 3 AM writing in my journal. I put down my pen for a moment and looked out of my window. It was dark and the sky was full of stars. I closed my journal and laid it under my bed, I grabbed my phone. 

I scrolled down social media as I had done the past week. I got a text from Joey, why is he awake?

[Text]

J: Shaney are you awake?

S: Yeah why are you <3

J: I have a surprise. 

S: Wait what?

J: Just get dressed and come out;)

S: What have you planned now? 

J: Just come on :*

I threw my phone down on the bed and stood up. I smiled to myself. What was he thinking now? I went over to my closet and picked out a long sleeved grey shirt that sat tight around me. And some black skinny jeans. I walked over to my bathroom and brushed my teeth and sat my hair. I walked back to my room and got dressed. I picked up my shoes, phone and keys and went quietly downstairs. 

I stood by the front door and took on my shoes. It was pretty warm out even tho it's night time I probably won't need a jacket. I quietly opened the front door and snuck out. I closed it and made sure to lock it. I turned around and saw Joey. 

He stood in front of a car with a big smile. I blushed and ran into his arms. It's been a week since I've seen the love of my life. 

[Joey's POV]

As Shane ran into my arms with the biggest smile on his face I opened my arms. I gave him a tight hug and kissed his shoulder.

Joey: God I missed you.

Shane: I missed you too babe. 

I kept holding him tight. I finally had him in my arms again and it felt so good. I pulled away from the hug and laid my hands around his cheeks and pulled him in. His lips against mine felt right. Everything felt right, right here, right now. Shane had his hand on my chest and the other around my neck. He pulled back from the kiss.

Shane: What have you planned, you have gotten me all excited.

Joey: You'll see.

I gave him a smirk and opened the front door of the car.

Shane: You got a car?

Joey: No it's my mom's. I just borrowed it so I could surprise you.

Shane: You're adorable.

He gave me a quick peck and went into the car. I closed the door and went around. I wanted to do something nice ever since, that thing happened. To get his mind off of that and let him relax. I started the car and drove off. I had my backpack in the backseat and the weather was perfect. 

As we approached the place I handed Shane a blindfold. 

Shane: What's this for?

Joey: Put it on boy!

Shane: Is this a way of kidnapping me? Because I already went trough that.

I laughed softly as well did Shane. He could joke about everything even if it was serious. He took on the blindfold. After some minutes I parked near the place and took my backpack and got out. I opened the door for Shane and held his hand.

Shane: Baby, are we there?

Joey: Soon Shaney.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked with him. We walked up some hills and we were finally here. 

Joey: Stay righhht, here.

I unzipped my backpack and pulled out a thick blanket and a pillow. I placed it down on the ground and went back to Shane. I took his hands and guided him over to the view. I stood behind him.

Joey: You ready?

Shane: Yes!

I carefully took the blindfold off. Shane starred down at the city's lights and the sky's many stars. I took him up to a mountain, where I had a little hiding spot. But you could see the whole city. It was quiet and perfect. Shane turned around gave me a kiss. 

Shane: Joey this is perfect!

I pulled him in for a hug. 

Shane: Thank you. 

I smiled and kissed the top of his head. 

Joey: Let's lay down. 

[Shane's POV]

Joey laid down and I laid right next to him. I cuddled in close. Usually I was the big spoon but this was nice. I couldn't ask for anything better. I needed this little 'get away' and with Joey it was perfect. Joey's arms were wrapped and me and mine wrapped around him and that's all I wanted. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~