Chapter 35: Puppy Dayz

Alexia's POV:

Maddie: Hey Alexia, Calum and I finally got a dog! It turns out he was afraid of what getting a dog together 'means', it's like he thought we were having a baby together, lol! Boys are so stupid sometimes. 

Maddie: *sends the picture above the chapter title* This is Chace! 

Alexia: That's great! He's so cute, can't wait to meet him!

Maddie: I know this is really unexpected but would you be able to watch him for a two days? Calum and I are going on an overnight trip. 

Alexia: Of course! When should I pick him up?

Maddie: We are leaving tomorrow at eight in the morning, we can drop him off if it's too early.

Alexia: No, that's fine. See ya tomorrow!

Maddie: Thank you so much! I owe ya one!

I set down my phone. "Luke!" I yelled. I was in the kitchen making dinner while he strummed on his guitar in the living room. We were still on break in Australia. All of the boys were staying with their parents, but I rented an apartment. Luke basically lived with me though. He was either sleeping over here, or we were hanging out at his house with his family. I loved Liz, his mom, so much. She was so funny and cool. 

"Yeah?"

"We're going to have a visitor starting tomorrow?" 

"Really? Who?" Luke exclaimed. 

"Hmm, should I keep it a secret and surprise you tomorrow?" 

"No, tell me!"

I laughed, "Okay, okay! I have to watch Chace for two days." 

"Chace?"

"Didn't Calum tell you about the puppy he and Maddie got?" I exclaimed. 

Luke's face lit up. He looked like a little kid that had just been handed candy. "AW! Yayy!" He exclaimed. I watched in amusement as he danced around the room. 

"Join me!" Luke grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. We did some kind of goofy waltz. I laughed as Luke stepped on my feet. 

"You can't dance!"

"Yes I can," Luke pouted, stepping on my feet yet again. He spun me around and I shrieked in excitement, just dodging the lamp. 

I walked onto his feet, basically standing on them. He tried to walk with me on him and caught me as I fell back. We flopped onto the floor and gasped for breath, laughing at the same time. I loved every second that I spent with this boy...

-THE NEXT MORNING-

Today was the first day that I woke up before Luke, which said a lot. I grinned as a tiny flash of fur dashed into the apartment. "Thanks so much for watching him!" Maddie exclaimed. She and Calum handed me Chace's food, bed, bowls, and a few of his toys. 

"Have fun on your trip!" 

The waved goodbye and left. I turned and saw Chace on my couch, panting in excitement and wagging his tail at me. 

"Aww! What a cutie!" I cooed. "Do you want to go wake Luke up?" 

I guided Chace to my room, where I picked him up and placed him on top of Luke's chest. "Lukey, look who's here to see you!" I laughed as he gasped and woke up, grinning as he saw the fluffy puppy on his chest. 

"Wow, this is one of the best ways to be woken up. Can't believe you beat me!" 

"I had to, Cal and Maddie don't know we're dating, remember? They would be very confused if you had answered the door... You really don't think we should tell them?" I had been very surprised when Luke didn't tell Calum. I figured that Calum would be the one person to know, they had been best friends for years. 

"It's not that I don't trust him. I just don't want to burden him with that secret, ya know?" 

I nodded in understanding. "Yeah, I get it."

I smiled as I watched Chace lick Luke's face. "I think he likes you!" 

"Of course he does! I'm a dog person." Luke said, sassy as ever. I watched as he cuddled with Chace. 

"It looks like you replaced me, I think Chace is your new boyfriend." I teased. 

Luke wrinkled his face in disgust. "As if! Chace is my baby." He said very seriously. 

I cracked up in laughter. "Oh yeah, your a father now?" 

"Yeah. Is there a problem?" Luke said, trying to sound like a gangster. I started laughing again.

"Wow, you're on a roll today!" I laid down next to Luke and stroked Chace's fur. "What a cute puppy... I love you, almost as much as I love Luke..." I murmured. 

"What?" Luke stiffened besides me. 

I blushed as I realized what I had said. I had only said it once before, weeks ago when I was an emotional mess. "Umm, that was noth-" I began. 

"Say it again." He smiled. 

"I love you, Luke." 

He kissed my cheek, and I felt his breath on me as he whispered, "I love you Lexi."

-----------------------------

Awwwww! Vote if you think they are goals!!