Chapter 18: Well I Can Kinda Sing

"Hello everyone, this is Ashlynn Slate, and I am here with some amazing guests... here is 5 Seconds of Summer, and the "mystery girl" that the media has been dying to hear more about!" Ashlynn exclaimed.

I followed the boys on stage, nervously waving at the crowd. Ashlynn perched on an armchair, with a long sofa facing the crowd. I was sitting between Ashton and Michael.

When the crowd died down, Ashlynn spoke again. "Alright, everyone! How many of you are anxious to learn about the "mystery girl" that has been spotted on several occasions with your favorite boys?"

The crowd went wild in response. I bit my lip, trying not to show my nerves. I wasn't used to the crowds, the lights, the cameras, everything. I was so glad to have the boys here with me. I couldn't do this alone.

Ashlynn turned to me, "Honey, why don't you introduce yourself to the crowd."

I smiled politely and turned to the crowd. "Hi, everyone. My name is Alexia Valez, and I'm eighteen years old."

"Okay, everyone. We're going to play a game where you can tweet me your questions that you have for Ms. Valez, and they will appear on the screen. She can choose to answer whichever ones she wants as they appear." Ashlynn smiled.

The crowd whooped and cheered, liking the idea of that game.

"Okay... 3, 2, 1... start tweeting!!!"

Many questions, and comments, appeared on the screen, such as:

Are you dating any of the boys?

How did you meet them?

What's your twitter?

You better not be dating my Luke, are you?!

Can you sing?

Ew i hate you

Why are you so special?

Are you famous?

Where are you from?

You're pretty... are you a model?

Hi Calum, are you a turkey?

"Uh, okay, so, I'm not dating any of the boys, I met them through Michael, my twitter is alexiavalez, I can kind of sing, and I'm from here, New York." I said, answering some of the questions. Some of the comments hurt, but I expected them. After all, I would be jealous if I was at home watching this on TV or in the crowd, with some other random girl sitting with the boys.

"Okay, so now I have a few questions for you, if that's okay, Lexi." Ashlynn said.

I nodded and smiled, "Of course!"

"Wait, I have a message for the crowd." Calum stood up, "I am not a turkey!"

The crowd laughed, and cheered for him. Ashlynn smiled, and waited patiently for them to calm down before speaking. "So, you met the boys through Michael... but how did you meet Michael?"

"Well, that's a story for Michael to tell, I think." I said, feeling bad that the boys were just sitting there.

Michael sat forward, clearing his throat, "Well... I accidentally texted the wrong number... because this girl I liked gave me someone else's number. Not everyone likes 5SOSO, I guess." Michael pouted cutely, before continuing, "And then we started talking and I thought 'wow, this chick is really cool!'. We had some stupid fights and stuff, but we sorted it out. And then one day, out of nowhere, I was at a cafe and Lexi walked right into me by accident. Things have sort of just went from there."

I smiled, clapping along with the crowd.

"Is it weird to all of a sudden be talking to 5SOS?" Ashlynn asked me.

"Yeah, it was kind of awkward for me in the beginning, but they're really all great, funny people. " I grinned.

"That's awesome, now... I heard that you can sing, huh, Lexi. Well, why don't we have you and the boys all sing a song together? I'll give you a minute to decide on a song- it- has to be by you guys, though." Ashlynn exclaimed.

Oh god. I was so nervous.

"Umm, so what song?" I whispered anxiously.

"I don't know, we don't know your range or anything..." Luke whispered back anxiously.

"What about... uh, Fly Away?" I suggested.

They all nodded, and we began to sing into our mics.

"It feels so weird to sing without a guitar!" Michael exclaimed to the crowd.

"It feels weirder to not be sitting in front of the drums!" Ashton laughed, looking a little lost.

When we got to the chorus, everyone's mic turned off. Except for mine. Oblivious at first, my voice carried off into the crowd, "I wanna take my heart to the edge of the world, and fly away, fly away tonight."

I broke off nervously, the boys mics back on now. Oh my god. I was a horrible singer, and I just embarrassed myself in front of thousands of people.

Eeeeeeek!!

---

I hope you like this chapter!

Please comment and vote to show me that you do! That's the only way I know!

-Chloe xx