Chapter 19: That's What Best Friends Are For

There was a chapter before this, i think some of you missed it. Anyway here's the chapter, sorry for grammar mistakes.

The next day....

alexiavalez (on Twitter):

Hey everyone, thank you so much for all of the positive comments after the interview :)

It turns out my singing didn't suck, and people liked my performance during the interview. After singing, the boys answered questions about Sounds Good Feels Good and played another quick game. The night had gone pretty well.

There was another article on me. I had also gained a few thousand followers... just for being seen with the boys and doing an interview. It was crazy!

All of a sudden, I got a text from Michael:

Hey Lexi, so I was wondering, now that you have like ten thousand followers what are you gonna do with it? Because I know you hate your job, and you didn't go to college... but if you worked on it, I bet you could become a famous something. Idk. just throwing it out there.

I bit my lip, considering his words. It was true, I definitely didn't want to spend the rest of my life struggling and working crappy jobs. But what could I do? Why would anyone even like or support me? I also didn't want Michael to think that I was just using him for his money or something.

I decided to call my best friend, Grace. (See chapter one) I felt like I hadn't talked to her in ages.

She picked up after three rings. "Hey Lexi!" She chirped. Grace is a blonde beauty, who is in college for fashion designing and business management, as well as being a local model for fun. She is loud and funny, and has been my friend for quite a few years.

"Hey Grace! How are you, I feel like we haven't talked in ages!"

"I know right?! I've been hearing about you from, in a few articles! What the hell has been going on that you haven't told me about, Lex?" Grace exclaimed. I instantly felt guilty. Since meeting Michael, I had kind of forgotten about her. Wow. I was an awful person.

"I'm so sorry, I know it's a terrible excuse but I've been so busy lately, everything's been crazy!"

We talked for a little longer. Suddenly I remembered Michael's text and told her about it. She seemed very interested in his words.

"Oh my gosh! That's amazing! That's literally what I've been working for for years, and all of a sudden you get texted by the wrong number and are, like, on your way to fame."

I detected jealousy in her tone. "Well... what if we did, like, some modeling or something together?"

"You would do that for me?" Grace exclaimed.

I nodded, then remembered that she couldn't see me over the phone. "Of course! That's what best friends are for, G."

"I love you so much right now." I could hear the sound of her doorbell ringing, or something like that.

"What's that?" I questioned.

"Uhhh... nothing. Listen, I've gotta go, I'm super sorry. Let me know about the modelling, bye boo!" The line went dead before I could reply.

Well. That was weird.

-----------

Doing a double update, writing the next chapter now!

Question time:

What do you think of grace? She seems a little suspicious.... hmmm