Chapter 29: Fun in the Sun...Or Not?

PLEASE PLEASE read what I wrote at the end of this chapter!!! Thanks!!!

Alexia's POV:

Over the past two weeks, my life had become completely insane. At first, the media was buzzing nonstop about the horrible person I was. The names that they called me were so awful. Everyone knew about me and my failed performance, and it was a trending topic on Twitter.

But there were some positives.

All of the attention actually helped my single, which was currently #5. Also, after Ashton's public apology some of the hate died down. I was still being called a lot of awful things though. I also had a lot of fans that made everything really worth while. Right now, I had 100 thousand followers. It was unbelievable.

I was currently posting the winner of an edit contest that I held for my fans. I wished that I could choose twenty winners, but in the end I picked my two favorites. The first one was one with pictures of me happy and singing, combined with the tearful, devastated expression that was on my face when I saw what Ashton had done. I hadn't talked to him about it yet. I wasn't planning on it either, unless he came to me. The second one was a video edit of the performance, along now with clips of me from the first interview with the boys. I posted them, and was overwhelmed yet again by the amount of likes that I got in less then three minutes.

"Lexi? Are you coming?" Michael called.

"Yeah one sec!" I exclaimed, and stuffed my towel and sunglasses in my bag. It wasn't quite summer yet, but we were going to an indoor water park, and a beach afterwords if it was warm enough.

I hurried down the stairs to where the guys were waiting. Calum was standing in front wearing a sleeveless top, snap back, and his bathing suit. Standing next to him was his girlfriend of one week, Madelyn Silver. She was tiny, only 5' 1 at nineteen years old, with a loud personality one you got to know her.

I had gotten to know her pretty well since she started dating Calum. We clicked instantly.

Behind them were Luke and Michael. There were both wearing sleeveless tops too and snap backs.

"Hey, where's your lip ring Luke?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah," Luke fingered his lip. "I wasn't feeling it today."

I nodded. "Oh okay." I turned to face the entire group. "Is everyone ready?"

Everyone nodded, and we headed into our cars.

I went in Luke's car sitting shotgun with Michael in the back. Calum and Madelyn went in Cal's car.

We spent the car ride blasting music on the radio, screaming lyrics, and having a great time. After a few hours we reached the water park.

Cal and Madelyn, surprisingly, both loved roller coasters, and dragged the rest of us to a huge water roller coaster. Michael seemed pretty enthusiastic about it, so I turned to Luke.

"Luke, I'm honestly really scared." I confessed.

"You're afraid of roller coasters?"

"Yeah." I sighed.

He gave me a lopsided smile. "Don't quote me on this but yeah... I don't like them either."

"Aw Luke!"

"Hey! Don't quote me, remember?"

"Alright, fine. Are you going on this one with the others?"

"Nah. How about we go off on our own and meet up with them later. While there in that huge line I'm sure we can get tons of rides in."