Chapter 25: Leaving for Grace

"Lexi, are you just using me because your pregnant?"

Lexi's Pov:

I stared at Ashton in shock, unable to speak. "W-what?!" I gasped. Behind me, Phoebe, the girl I met at the concert, quietly excused herself and left the room.

Ashton stared at me unwaveringly. "Lexi," He began, voice strong and demanding, "did you basically rape your boyfriend? And you're using me for money because your... pregnant?" His voice wavered at the end, and it was thick with emotion.

I gulped, squeezing my hands together nervously. "Ashton," I began, but he cut me off.

"I've heard enough. Let's go." His voice was cold. "Let's go!" He repeated, yanking Grace's hand and forcing her out of the room.

She bit her lip, hiding a smile. As she passed me, she mouthed "Whore."

Her words stung, and tears gathered in my eyes. "Wait, Ashton!!! You don't understand! Come back!" My voice broke, and suddenly I was sobbing and sinking to the ground. I probably looked so desperate and pitiful... but I didn't care. He didn't understand, that wasn't the whole truth. And how could he leave me for Grace?!?!

Ashton turned back to look at me, and my heart broke. He looked so hurt and betrayed, like a puppy that had been beaten over and over again. "Alexia," He began, "I trusted you. I trusted you and was here for you and kind to you and shielded you from the horrible parts of life being famous, and I-I I could've loved you, but now I find out you're just using me, you're just like everyone else..." A sole tear streaked down his face.

"No! Ashton, wait!"

"No, Lexi. We're done. I'm not gonna tell the media, but I swear of I see you again the whole world will know what you did to me." Ashton said. Grace rubbed his back, whispering soothing words in his ears. They walked off together.

My lower lip trembled. How could he believe her? Not all of that was true, I wasn't a rapist, I was the one who had been raped... My mind wandered back to the night it had happened.

"Come on, Lex!" Austin called, poking his head into my room. I was making some quick touch ups to my makeup. I wore fairly heavy mascara and eyeliner, and I had concealed the heavy bags underneath my eyes.

"I'm ready, I'm ready!" I grabbed my purse and followed him outside. He looked my outfit up and down, and pursed his lips. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at my outfit. There was nothing wrong with it. I was wearing a short black dress with thin straps over each shoulder, and it hugged my hips. I paired it with cute black heels. It wasn't revealing or anything, but it also wasn't unusual for a party.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing, I just don't love your dress. Why don't you ever wear, I don't know, something more revealing?" He asked.

I felt my cheeks flush. "Come on, Austin, you know I'm not like that."
He nodded, shaking his head lightly, and led me to the car.

The party was nothing special, it was just your average stereotypical teenage party. Red solo cups littered the lawn, and music blared through giant speakers.

I turned to Austin, "Dance with me?"

He shook his head, "Nah, let's go inside. There's someone I want you to meet."

I nodded and followed him. He introduced me to one of his friends, Jasper. He was a pretty cool guy, good looking and funny. Thirty minutes later, he was practically passed out from drinking. Austin wasn't in much better condition himself.

Jasper leaned over and whispered something to Austin. Austin rolled his eyes. "Let me get you some water. I'll be right back Lex, hopefully I can get through that crowd." He laughed, and went outside.

Jasper turned to me. "So, are you a virgin?"

I flushed, tsken aback by his question. "Um yeah,"

"Mmm, haven't done a virgin in a while, this should be fun." He slurred.

By the time Austin returned, juggling a few water bottles, it was too late.

A few weeks later, I discovered I was pregnant. The only person who knew was Grace, and Austin.

I hadn't raped anyone. I wasn't using Ashton for money. Hell, I hadn't when told my parents! I was too scared of what they might think. To make it even worse, my dad lost his job so I couldn't go to college, and I got a job at the cafe.

Maybe I had thought about asking Ashton for money, in the back of my mind. But if I did I would pay him back, of course! I wasn't using him, I was just alone without my parents help, with no friends, and pregnant, of all things. I was just a kid, a stupid teen. And no one cared about, or how I was feeling.

I buried my head in my hands, running my fingers over the scars on my wrist. I had sworn I would never harm myself again, but....

Someone cleared their throat, interrupting my thoughts.