Chapter 28: Damage Is Done

Before you read please vote! Thank you! Oh, and this chapter switches point of view a lot, so make sure to pay attention to who's POV it is or you'll be confused. LASTLY- I just realized that some of the chapters are not in the right order... I don't know why. I will be changing it, sorry if anyone was confused.

HERE'S THE CHAPTER! ENJOY!

Michael's POV, 9:00 AM:

He knew that I liked her. He knew that I was planning on asking her later today. But of course, Luke Hemmings has to get everything he wants. Everything I want. Of course, he had to go as Alexia's date to her first performance and the dinner party that Diana was throwing after.

Sometimes he really aggravates me, even more than Calum does. I understand that I'm not a pretty blonde heartthrob like Luke is. I get that girls hang up his picture on their walls and dream about dating him, and not me. I get that even Ashton, a drummer, will always get more attention and recognition then me. I just thought that Luke knew how important Lexi is to me.

I sighed, and turned on the TV. But all that I could focus on was a certain girl's beautiful smile.

Alexia's POV, 6:00 PM:

I entered the limo with Luke behind me. He had offered to come as my date. I was so glad to have him here with me. I would probably be a shaking, nervous wreck without him.

"What if I sing a bad note? What if I stutter or say something stupid?" I sighed.

Luke leaned over and took my head, looking into my eyes. "Lexi," He began, "you're gonna be fine. In fact, you're do more than fine. You're going to be absolutely amazing out there, I know it! I get how nervous you are. At my first big performance, I was way more nervous then you are, and I had the guys. But they're going to love you... in fact, I know they already do. Have you been paying attention on social media?"

I blushed. A lot of the 5sos fan accounts have been posting pictures of me on their accounts. Some of them really like me and talk about how they can't wait to buy my single, which really warms my heart. Yeah, some people post hate about me, and it does hurt, but at least I mean enough to them that they are posting about me, right?

A few minutes later, we arrived at the talk show. I entered a whirlwind of hair and makeup checks, going over some of the questions that would be asked, and warming up my voice. Before I knew it, it was 6:30, and it was filling up. I was so, so nervous. I was having a mental breakdown.

"Woah, Lexi!" Luke exclaimed, but then spoke softer so no one else could hear him. "Lexi, please calm down you're stressing me out."

"I'm sorry," I muttered, playing with my hands as I peeked out into the crowds. Oh no. I couldn't do this. I felt like I was gonna throw up or-

"Lexi. Look at me." Luke placed his hands on either side of my face and turned it gently so I was staring directly into his gorgeous blue eyes... Wow. On top of freaking out over the performance, I was now flushing bright red and wondering what it would be like to kiss Luke. I sighed, and looked away for him. I can't think about him right now.

"Take a deep breath." He instructed. I nodded, and did as he suggested. After a few minutes, I was feeling okay again. "When you go out there, just pretend like I'm in the crowd and you're talking to me. No one will know that you're nervous unless you let your nerves control you."

"Thank you, Luke. For everything."

"Of course!" He gave me his signature smile. "Now, get ready. You're on any minute."

Ashton's POV, 6:45:

I approached the security guard that was standing in front of the booth. "Hi, I'm Ashton Irwin." I showed him my I.D. "I'm friends with Alexia. She's backstage so she gave me her flash drive and wants me to make a quick change to what will be projected in the backdrop behind her." It was well known that 5sos was friends with Alexia, so I was hoping that he would let me.