Chapter Twenty: Grace The Psycho

Yay! Twenty chapters!

"Alright, thank you everyone for coming to this audition!" The kind woman, Colbie, exclaimed. The official director was a strict man named Daniel, but he let Colbie do the talking. "We have eliminated everyone but three young women, who we are going to call back up. The three women are Cassandra Lee, Grace Daliker, and Alexia Valez. Those three may come forward. Everyone else, thank you for auditioning and you may now leave. If there is any unnecessary behavior security will be called and you will face serious consequences."

Oh my god! Grace and I both made it to the final three. I let out a squeal of happiness, turning to my best friend. She was checking her makeup.

We were at an audition for an expensive shampoo commercial that would be on televisions across the world. If one of use got the part, it would be insane!

This was all possible because of Michael. Even though the audition was supposed to be closed off, he managed to get us in. I was so grateful for him.

***

"Okay, we are going to redo your initial audition, except this time you are to act like you have no nerves, no nothing, like you already got the part. We are going to be watching everything, from the way you talk to your facial expressions." Colbie instructed.

I took a deep breath. "Okay."

"Okay, so clearly repeat this line: 'Confident Volumizing Shampoo is not just a shampoo.' Look me in the eyes, like I'm the person watching TV."

I repeated the line, without stumbling over any words.

"Okay, now say: 'My hair is richer and fuller then ever, and I know that when I go out everyone wants to be me. They think who's that girl with the beautiful hair? My name is Alexia Valez, and I owe it all to Confident."

I repeated the second line almost perfectly, smiling when I finished.

"Okay, thank you Alexia. Now, are there any other skills or talents you have?"

"Umm," I bit my lip, "I can kinda sing."

I sung a few lyrics for her, and Colbie nodded, writing something down on her clipboard.

"Okay, we will let you know our decision in a few minutes." She led me to the waiting room, where Cassandra and Grace were waiting. Grace seemed really nervous. I knew how badly she wanted this. I hoped that if I didn't get it, she did, and not Cassandra.

I plopped down next to Grace, and gave her a reassuring smile.

A few minutes later, Colbie came back out. "Okay! You three are all perfect for the roll, but we have decided on Miss Alexia Valez!"

I gasped, at the same time that Grace exclaimed, "What?!"

I turned to her, and noticed the tears in her eyes. I felt so bad for getting the part.

"I can't believe it! You only gave her the part because of Michael Clifford not because of her talent! You don't realize that I will do anything, absolutely anything, to become famous! That girl, Alexia, she's not really ambitious. But I will do literally anything, even sacrifice my happiness, for my break through." Grace snarled.

"What the heck? Grace?" My best friend was gone, replaced by a vicious, fame-crazy girl. Tears clouded my vision. Had she been using me to get this auditon? Was this who Grace really was?

"Alexia... I'm sorry we are actually going with Miss Grace Daliker. This could be very, very interesting." Colbie gave us a tight lipped smile. I could only dream of the things she had in mind for someone would "literally do anything, even sacrifice my happiness, for my break through."

I nodded, and rushed out of the building and took took a taxi home. I texted the boys, asking them to come over.

Twenty minutes later, we were all cuddled up on my couch watching Netflix. When Ashton got up to use the bathroom, Michael scooted closer to me and whispered in my ear, "Hey, I'm sorry this all happened. I didn't mean for it to, Lex."

"I know, it's not your fault." I sighed.

I rested my head on his chest, and fell asleep.