Chapter 33: CHOOSE

Please vote! It's awesome when I see people actually voting for this story. Like woah... people actually like it??!!

Are you team Ashton?

Team Luke?

Team Michael?

OR team Calum (threw that one in their just because)

We will find out which team Lexi is!!!!!

-------------------------------

I had been released from the hospital yesterday. I felt perfectly fine now, fit as a fiddle... except for whenever the b word was mentioned. Baby. Maybe I wished that I wasn't pregnant, but I had been prepared to love and take care of it, no matter what. The baby was my responsibility. And now the baby was gone.

It felt so weird saying "the baby". So, maybe it seemed stupid, but I named the baby. I didn't know if it was a girl or a boy, but I referred to the baby as Angelina.

Why did I get to live and she didn't? The world was a messed up place, for sure. Ugh.

"You okay? You're staring into space." The boy laying next to me commented.

I nudged Michael playfully. "I'm fine, I'm fine."

Luke yawned on my other side. "Are you ready for the show tonight?" He stretched out his long limbs, his feet resting on top of my legs.

"I'm excited, just tired. I love the shows but God, you guys have some crazy fans." I laughed.

"Of course we do! It's because I'm so hot!" Calum exclaimed, jumping on top of me. I shoved him off, and he rolled over onto Michael.

"No your ugly. I'd rather date Ashton then you." Maddie said, looking up from her chess game against Ashton. He was busy reading the rule book, trying to prove that she was 'cheating'.

Calum fake gasped. "Babe!" He launched off of me and wrapped his arms around his girlfriend. "You know you love me." Ever since they admitted to loving each other, they had been non-stop saying it.

"You're right, I do love you Cal." Maddie grinned, hugging him back. I stared at the two of them wistfully. I wasn't the only one. Luke, Michael, and Ashton were all staring at the couple with jealousy written all over their faces.

"I'm gonna get a snack." Luke announced, looking at Michael.

"Me too." Michael stood up and followed Luke into the kitchen. I narrowed my eyes at them, but didn't follow them.

"I won!" Maddie exclaimed, jumping up in the air. She danced around the living room in the hotel suite that we were staying at, and accidentally knocked over my glass of water. "Shoot. Let me clean that up."

"No, it's fine." I hurried to the kitchen to grab a few paper towels, coming to an abrupt halt when I overheard some of Luke and Michael's conversation.

"Luke, this is getting out of hand! She comes to me for song writing and guitar lessons, and then your jealous. She lays closer to you on the couch and sings covers of songs with you, and then I'm jealous. This can't go on any longer. We have to face it. We both have feelings for Lexi." Michael exclaimed.

My hand flew up to my mouth to hide my gasp. No way. This was not happening.

I caught a glimpse of Luke running a hand through his hair, in its signature blonde quiff.

"I guess your right. Should we talk to her after the show? Or before?" Luke sighed.

"After. Try not to stress about it during the show, though. It's her decision."

"Yeah," Luke agreed, "no matter who she picks, or if she picks neither of us... we will still be mates right?"

"Duh!" Michael exclaimed.

I walked casually into the kitchen. "Hey, Maddie beat Ashton. You won the bet Luke." I said.

Luke grinned. "Told you, Mikey!"

Michael just rolled his eyes.

It was very hard to concentrate during the show. Anyone who knew me could tell that I was very distracted. I didn't mess up the lyrics or anything, but my mind just wasn't there. I couldn't stop comparing the two boys, because it was true: they both held a special place in my heart. They were right, it wasn't fair for me to lead them on any longer.

I sang my second to last song, one that I had written with the help of Michael... outgoing, dependable, goofy, amazing Michael. Love with him would be uncertain and emotional, and very deep. I could easily see myself with him, happy and loved. It was a song about my struggle with my parents after the whole pregnancy thing, when I had first discovered it. They couldn't afford to care for a baby, and were disgusted with me, so they kicked me out. I had to drop out of college too. The song was called "Needed You", and it was hard for me to sing. It brought up bad memories.

My final song was one that I had written with Luke.... sweet, funny, loving Luke. I could just as easily see myself with him, laughing with children... woah. I was overthinking this too much. I just needed to follow my heart.

The song was called "Fool", and was about being tricked into love with my old boyfriend, the one that hit me. It was a more upbeat song, with contrasting pained lyrics. Just as I was stuck between the two boys, I was stuck between which song I liked better.

Too soon, I knew what was coming. And suddenly we were back at the hotel suite and Michael was saying, "Lexi I know this might seem crazy, but there are multiple members in this band that have feelings for you... and we kind of just want to get everything out. I do, and so does Luke."

"And me." Ashton added quietly. Oh great.

My legs were shaking. "I love all of you. I really, truly do... so much. And I can't bear to see any of you get hurt... " I trailed off.

I took a deep breath. "Luke," I began. His eyes widened. "I'm sorry."

"Michael, I'm sorry. Ash, I'm sorry. I, um, don't have feelings for any of you."

They gasped.

"I'm so sorry. Please don't hate me... I want to be friends with all of you." I exclaimed, tears streaming down my face as I saw the broken looks on Michael and Luke's faces. Ashton just look bitter, and sorry. He could have been with me, but he ruined it.

Michael stormed off without a word. "No..." I whispered, as if that could stop him.

Calum and Maddie also left, wanting to give us privacy. Ashton followed them. Luke stood up as well, but I stopped him. He looked at me in surprise.

"I love you. I love you and I want to be with you. But I can't bear hurting Michael."