Chapter Twenty Six

"Can you believe we have been in these games a month already?" Adira said to the group. I shook my head; it hadn't felt like a month. It just felt like everyday I was fighting to stay alive.

"Not including us there are 15 other tributes. We killed that boy right at the start, then Cora, and I guess someone else died, " Saxon said. He had been keeping count on a wall. On the other wall Sandor had been keeping count of how many tributes he had seen.

"It's my turn to get food, does anyone want to come with me?" I asked. Nobody moved a muscle to join me. I shrugged and walked out with weapon in hand. "Be careful out there," I heard someone yell behind me.

I hopped over the river trying not to get my feet wet, but as usual they did. Now I had to walk around in squishy shoes all day.

I headed straight towards where the cornucopia was. Generally, there was animals that would wander around in that area. I was told not to go there as there might be other tributes, but it was one of the only areas to hunt.

I walked through the forest humming my favourite lullaby, the one I sang for Cora the day she died. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a quick movement. I pulled out my knife and looked for the source. Behind a bush there was a small rabbit.

I ran towards it but it moved faster. I followed it trying to weave through trees and large bushes. When I went to snatch it, the bunny hopped into a small hole. I groaned, what a waste of time.

I continued a few steps and turned around a tree. I stood there astonished what I saw. There was a pond only it wasn't filled with water, instead tongues. Where had they got all those tongues, I asked myself. "Avox," I said under my breath once my mind caught up to what I was seeing.

I felt an uneasy sensation in my body and went to turn around. I took a step forward and ran right into a hard wall, then fell on my butt. I looked up to see what it was, an older boy hovered over me.

"Hey there cutes," he said and then punched me in the face. I felt my head spin and then everything around me started to disappear, then black.

"Wake up!" I heard someone yelling. I opened one of my eyes, but the other was to swollen to see out of. The boy stood in front of me, he was average height and build. His skin was tan and he had dark brown hair that almost appeared black. His eyes were brown and felt like they pierced my soul.

I looked around, I recognized where I was, I was in the tree house Ryker had built. I looked down at myself, I was naked. I felt my heart start to beat as I tried move, but I couldn't. I was chained to the wall like I had done to Alok and Adira.

"Let me go!" I screamed at him. A small grin formed on his face, "I will when I am done with you Missy." For once in few weeks I actually felt afraid, he could do anything to me, I was helpless.

He dropped his pants, I gasped. I started to scream at him to stop, I pleaded, I squirmed, I tried everything. He was to strong and had the advantage.

He was rough, yet he moaned. I cried and tried to kick, but nothing worked. His hips kept hitting mine as he moved in and out.

"Stop please!" I yelled once again. He shook his head, "Isn't this good? I wish you would be a bit more cooperative Missy; this could be good for the both of us."

Tears were flowing down my face like a never ending waterfall. The boy didn't stop; he was having the time of his life.

After an hour of him doing that to me, he stopped. He grabbed his knife and cut the rope, I fell to my knees. For what felt like minutes I stayed on my knees with my hands buried in my face felling helpless.

"Scram, I am done with you," he hissed at me. I hurriedly put on my clothes and climbed the ladder back down.

As I walked back to the cave, the horrific memories kept coming back. I would kill that boy for what he had done, one day I would kill him. I would make him suffer like he did to me.

When I did get back to the cave I explained everything to the group, except I did not mention the pond full of tongues. They were furious and heart broken, they were even going to go out and kill him that very moment. I convinced them otherwise, "Karma will kill him. And if it doesn't then we will, but not now. He is nothing, if that's what he thinks will get him sponsors to stay alive, he is wrong. People will see him as a sick tribute and want him dead."

My allies comforted me that night telling me that they were sorry for letting me go out alone. All they did was apologize and tell me that I would make it through this. During the time they were apologizing I wasn't paying attention, instead I thought about that boy, but most of all the lake full of Avox tongues. Why was that even a part of the games?