Chapter 9: Time To Go (Dylan)

I was talking to Samantha and Kate when Gemma burst in. "Gemma!" I yell.

She's crying. "Charlie, Karla and Mandy are dead!" She cried.

"...and Lena?" Samantha asked.

"Alive! In the town! We have to go!" Gemma explained.

Samantha followed Gemma out.

Kate turned to me as the others left. "Dylan....if I die... I want you to know I love you" I was gobsmacked. I had no idea what to say or do. I just can, leaving Kate alone.

"Where's Kate?" Samantha asked.

"She's just going to the toilet" I lie.

"We can't wait for long!" Gemma protested.

We suddenly hear a scream and Kate comes running out. She trips before she reaches us and she is dragged away by Zombies.

"We have to go!" Gemma yelled pushing Samantha and I out the door.

We ran. We just ran and didn't stop. None of us we're naturally runners, but we ran.

We came across Charlie's body. It was slightly decapitated.

"Charlie..." I whisper.

Suddenly Charlie comes back alive and attacks Gemma. Gemma manages to get away, but she has a bite on her arm.

"This way!" Gemma yelled.

We ran to a boarded up hall. "Lena!" We all screamed. She opened a side door to let us in.

"Samantha!" Her and Lena hugged. "I'm so glad you're safe! Where is everyone else?" She asked.

"Dead..." I reply. My tone dubious.

"What now?" Gemma asked.

"We wait until midnight. Get some rest" I say, before searching for an adequate spot to have sleep.