Chapter 5: Taking Her To Safety (Dylan)

I stood up. Sam had been flown across the ground. I rush over to her and remove some rocks from her body.

"Dylan" she moans.

"I'll get you out of here." I explained.

I didn't tell her that her leg looked broken. But sensing my her semi-consciousness, she may have some internal bleeding. I had to get her someone with medical training.

I lifted her up into the bridal hold. I was not letting her walk on a broken leg.

Just as I picked her up, a hoard of Zombies rushed towards us. I run as fast as I can. I'm a terrible runner, but with someone in my arms, its much more difficult for me to keep balanced.

I had to take her upstairs. Zombies probably wouldn't be able to run upstairs. Hopefully.

I take her towards the toilet block that connects to the main building. I closed the door behind us and continued running. I was in the girls bathroom. Suddenly the door swung open and a huge book hit my head and dropped Sam onto the cold tiles.

"Ouch" I say rubbing my head.

"Sorry" It was Kate.

"Why were you hiding in the toilet?" I ask.

"Why were you in the girls bathroom?" She replied.

"Trying to get away from Zombies" I explain.

She gives me a "me too" look.

"What happened to her?" Kate asked.

"There was a second explosion, it sent us flying" It was then I had noticed my own injuries. My should was badly scraped and I was bleeding heavily.

"We need to get you some first aid. They usually keep some supplies in the storage room. Its just out here..." Kate quickly came back in with some crutches and some bandages. I quickly bandaged my arm and attended to Sam, who I had now seated on a closed toilet seat.

"Sam!" I yell "Are you okay?" I ask, as I see her slowly regaining consciousness again.

"I'm okay. But my leg hurts like hell." She cried, then she looked down and released her leg was broken.

"No..." She sniffed.

"Consider yourself lucky. "Curiosity Killed The Cat" remembered." I smirk.

"Even in a time of madness you still remain your sarcastic self, don't you Dylan" She grinned.