Angelica Schuyler- Like I Know My Own Mind

Alexander sat up in the bed, eating his cookies. His salad was untouched. I was not surprised. It had some sort of dressing that looked disgusting.
I felt awful. It was all my fault that he was in this state. If I had only not decided to go to the mall with Peggy...
It was all my idea. Truthfully, I had it for three reasons. Three fundamental truths.
Number one: I was a little worried about Eliza. I know I shouldn't be, but I am six months older and I am the oldest and the wittiest out of the three of us. We barely knew Alexander.
Number two: If there ended up any awkward moments, they really needed people they knew. Or, if they broke up, which I did not believe would happen, Eliza needed a support system.
Number three: Even though I know my sister like I know my own mind, and you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind, I still had a little crush on Alexander. Maybe bigger than little. I kind of wanted to keep an eye on them.
If I hadn't been so protective of Eliza, so possessive of Alexander... He wouldn't be lying in a hospital bed.
He didn't stand a chance in that fight with Charles. Charles is super strong. He barely even tried during the fight. Alexander got a punch in, but he was out seconds later.
I froze up during the fight. I knew Charles would beat Alexander. I could only focus on the fact that Charles was still under the impression that I was his girlfriend, that Alexander stood up for me like that...
And Eliza.
She surprised me the most.
Eliza was not the type to stand up to somebody like that. She was terrified of Charles. Terrified.
So, now Alex is in the hospital, and Charles is mad at Eliza, but there was one more terrifying thing, that I got in a text just recently:
Charles: Hey Angie I'm at your house.