John Laurens- The Story of Tonight

I knew that Alexander was going to the mall today.
I did not know that he had company.
"Oh, hey, Alexander." I smiled. "Eliza." I hoped I sounded nicer than I think I did.
"Hi, John!" I could almost see smiley faces around Eliza as she said this. She hugged me. She's a hugger. I patted her back awkwardly. "So, what are you doing here?"
"Um, getting soap..."
"What scent?"
"Soap-scent..."
Eliza laughed. So did Alexander.
"So, you're by yourself?" Alexander asked.
"Yeah."
"Come with us!" Eliza exclaimed.
"Yeah! That's what I was gonna say!" Alexander agreed.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
An awkward silence.
"The arcade?" Alexander suggested.
"Yeah! The arcade!" Eliza and I said in unison.
"Jinx!" Eliza laughed.
We went to the arcade.
Eliza went over by the snack bar to play Ms. Pac-Man. Alexander went near the door to play Donkey Kong. I wandered a little, and settled on Space Invaders. I lost. A lot.
Alexander saw me and came over to help.
"I kinda stink at video games." I admitted.
"That's fine." Alexander said with a smile. I put my hands on the controls. I began to operate them. "No, not like that." Alexander put his hand on mine. I gasped a little. "You all right?"
"Yeah."
"Good."
He helped me operate the game. I felt eyes on us. I looked to the left. "Hi, Eliza."
"What are you doing?"
"I'm helping him operate Space Invaders."
"I've been calling your name for a while now." She paused. "I need help with Ms. Pac-Man."
"One sec, he's almost got it." Alexander reassured her.
"I have?"
"Nearly."
Eliza went back to her game.
Even after I left, I felt Alexander's hands on mine. I felt warm, even though everyone else was complaining that they were cold. I won the game.