Chapter 17: Cold Rocks and Fearful Hearts

I threw my hood over my head as I started walking towards the subway. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but my mom and I live just over the borderline of the Bronx in Westchester, so I visit the Bronx often. Tourists don't really see it as the safest area, which they're partially correct to assume, but I'm proud of where I'm from.

"Hi Bernie," I said, slightly nodding to the older man sitting on a piece of cardboard on the ground while leaning back against an ally wall.

"Hey Angie," He said sleepily, as I walked past. "Have you seen Mouse today?"

"No sorry, but I'll feed her if I do see her," I replied, with a small wave goodbye.

Mouse is the stray cat that lives around here. Bernie and I like to think we 'adopted' her and take care of her when we can.

Hands in my sweatpants' pockets, I continued to walk towards the subway consciously looking down as I walking searching for any trace of Mouse.

"Here Mouse, here Mouse," I mumbled to myself.

"HEY!" I heard a woman yell.

I looked up to see a hooded figure running towards me carrying a purse.

I quickly moved myself out of the way instinctively sticking my right foot back out into his pathway.

"WHOA," I heard a deep voice yell as he tripped and tumbled to the ground, the purse flying in the air.

A policeman ran over from across the street, grabbed the perpetrator, arresting him. Before being put into a police car, I met eyes with a guy who looked around my age. He had sparkling blue eyes, a chiseled jaw, and blonde hair peeking out of the hood of his sweatshirt. He was handsome to say the least. When our eyes locked, he didn't look angry or scared, but sad. I wondered what his story was.

I walked back over and picked up the purse left on the ground.
"Um, I think this belongs to you, ma'am," I said, walking over to the woman in the nice blouse, blazer and pencil skirt, who was speaking with another police officer.

"Oh thank you so much little boy!" She said quickly, yet gratefully as she gently took her purse, turning back to the officer.

'...Boy?' I thought to myself. '...Oooohhh she can't tell I'm a girl because of what I'm wearing.'

"Excuse me officer, may I speak with this hero?" She said, looking back at the police officer.

"Oh, um, I'm not a hero ma'am really," I said, cheeks now burning in embarrassment from being called a hero as I shimmied off my hood.

"Sure," the older police officer said, with a small smile and nod at me as he left.

"Honey, you we're amazing! And I'm so embarrassed, I didn't mean to call you a boy," The woman exclaimed with a laugh.

Putting up a finger, her eyes narrowed, as she seemed to examine me a little closer.

'Okay, this is awkward.' I thought, looking down at my feet.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you from somewhere?" She said, bringing her hand to her chin.

"Um, I'm Angelina Flore, I actually play Violet on Girl Meets World, maybe you've seen me there—" I started quietly.

"OH YES! I knew it!" She said, smiling widely. "I knew I've seen that pretty face somewhere!"

"...Wait, we're still talking about me right?" I said questioningly.
'I mean, I think I'm nice looking but I just didn't understand why she was freaking out. I haven't met any fans yet so maybe this is normal?'