Why Are You Here

After showing the boys and Bekah my dream about Finn I went back to sleep knowing that I needed it. Almost as soon as my eyes closed I was asleep. I was only left in darkness for seconds before I was again with Kol.

"I'm in love with you too Kol Mikaelson". He smiled kissing me again before picking me up and carrying me to the kitchen. He started to pull pots and pans from the cabinets but soon stopped. "What do you want for breakfast beautiful"? I smiled at his thoughtfulness and answered "I want chocolate chip pancakes with wiped cream, bacon, orange juice, and strawberries". He laughed getting all the ingredients needed to make what I requested and asked "that all beautiful"? I laughed nodding my head before putting up a finger and adding "No wait I want blood too". He nodded making two glasses and handing me one. I drank it while he cooked. The food tasted amazing and we talked about what we were now that we'd confessed our love agreeing that we should try dating instead of just ignoring what we'd shared like most people do.

I woke up with a small smile on my face and climbed out of bed only to get pushed back down into it. "Nope you need sleep Nina". I recognized the voice as Ricks and looked to find it was really him. I jumped out of bed much to his protest hugging him and asked "What are you doing here Rick you're supposed to be in West Virginia getting your girl"? He laughed with a bright smile and wispered in my ear "I already got her Nina". "WHAT!?! And you didn't call and tell me how could you"? He stepped back covering his ears at my shouting which caused everyone to come running into the room. "Opps sorry for screaming but seriously Rick you were supposed to tell me when you got her. How is she, is she here, I have to meet her". He laughed again placing his hands on my shoulders. "Calm down Nina deep breathes. I didn't tell you cause you hadn't slept in almost a week also why I'm here by the way, she's doing great, no she had to stay home for work but she has next week off so how about I convince her to come then. I'm also not leaving so looks like I need a room Nina". The biggest smile appeared on my face and I jumped up hugging the dear life out of him. "Really you're staying? Oh thank the gods I swear I've missed you like crazy". He nodded in understanding hugging back with the same amount of force. "I am Nina don't worry. I've missed you too. Now show them your dream so that you can introduce me. Let me guess you're going to start with the girl then Kol followed by Klaus and them the other two". I giggled before placing my hands on Bekahs and Finns cheeks showing them. Next I put my hands on Niks and Lijahs chest showing them as well. Finally I placed my hands on Kols cheeks allowing him into my head the way I always have with Nik but not giving him nearly as much access as I do Nik or even the way I let Lijah in. It wasn't because I didn't trust Kol it was because there were things that I didn't want him to know. For example, the fact I used to be in love with him, I spent decades pinning for him, you get the picture here right. The only reason I let Nik and Lijah know that stuff was because they already did.

"Okay guys let's get you introduced. Guys this is Rick. Rick this is Finn, Lijah, Nik, Kol, Bekah, Alex, Will, Logan, Lucy, Bridget, and Ben. Now next week when Avery comes me, you, her, and Nik because you need to learn to like him for me are going out. Right now me and you are going outside for a walk which I'm sure Nik will be joining us on. So come on let's go I need to spend sometime with him anyways". "Fine" they said together making me laugh and them pout.

We walked for a while and I led them to the clearing me and Bekah found. I sat down with Nik on my right and Rick on my left. I laid back watching the clouds and pulling Nik down with me. "Hey Nina I'm going to go call Autumn she just got off work plus you guys need sometime to catch up. I promise I'll talk to you some more later so I can tell you everything". "You better, thanks Rick, and tell her I said hi". He nodded walking away and taking his phone out. We sat quietly for about three minutes just watching the clouds but it was a comfortable silence so I didn't mind. "I miss spending time with you like this Lily". I thought for a second before pulling him to his feet and back to the house to my bedroom.

"When we were packing I realized we'd be here a while and that eventually I'd need a distraction and that distraction is painting. So why don't we paint together?". His smile got so bright it could have won in a competition against the sun. "That's an amazing ideal love. Why don't we make it into a competition and let the others judge without telling them who painted what?". I agreed setting everything up and facing our easels away from each other. I sat down positioning my canvas and body in away that I could paint, rinse my brushes, and reach the paint with ease. I sat on a stool and began by choosing what I was going to paint, my color palette, and brushes. Once I had everything ready I began to paint. I lost myself inside the colors, lines, all of the things I loved about painting. I let it take control of me letting everything else go. Without realizing it I had finished my painting and looked it over. It was just an abstract piece something I'd made many times before but as I look at it I realized how much someone could mistake it as something Nik would paint and how much we truly had in common.

Just thirty minutes later Nik finished his painting and I collected our brushes and washed out the paint while the paintings dried. Once they had we showed each other to laugh at how most people could get them mixed up if you hadn't known us inside out. We set them side by side and called the others in. They examined them and to make it even more interesting we decided to make them choose who they thought had painted each along with the one they liked most. Like we had thought most people got them confused but Niks painting still got the most vote as it was absolutely extraordinary. When we told them which we had painted most of the people were confused except for the other Mikaelsons and Rick who had to know everything about me at all times. That's how we spent the rest of the day just having fun and playing games.