Chapter 52.

Chapter 52.

*****

I stared at the door in the dark before I was cut out of my trance by my coughing. I guess it might not have been the best idea to use my shirt as bandages since the room was so cold. I let out a sigh once my coughing fit was over. I had been awake for a while now. I didn't know how long it had been since I saw Ben – since I saw anyone. It felt long, I had drifted into sleep quite a few times, I had tried to pry the boards from the window, turned out it wasn't much of a window. Just steel bars with more boards on the other side. I used all the energy I had left for that.

I was starving. I couldn't tell how long I had been there but my stomach sure could. I guess Sergio wasn't too happy with Ben... I really hoped he didn't kill him... The one good thing that came out of seeing no one was that I hadn't been beat up any more, my eyes were starting to open wider. But the healing wasn't going that well everywhere else. My leg would seemed a little yellow.

I shut my eyes feeling exhausted even though I had not moved around much. I leaned my head against the wall snuggling closer into the corner.

I almost groaned in frustration as I heard the door click. I really wanted to sleep right now.

I opened my eyes but had to squint as light flooded in when the door opened. I relaxed once I realised who it was as he shut the door behind him darkening the room again.

"Hey." I looked up as Ben walked in, "So I convinced them to let me bring some water." He lifted his hand as he knelt in front of me.

"Sergio?" I mumbled seeing the black under his eye as I reached for the water slowly. I tried to pry it open but my hand hurt too much, and I was too weak. I gave a dry chuckle. Ben shook his head as he opened the water for me.

"Yeah, how lucky am I? He was hurt... not angry." He said.

I drank the water. It was funny, it tasted incredibly good. I don't remember water tasting this good.

"So you left me here for nothing?" I hissed when I was done savouring my water.

"I tried to get to you, but Declan's been keeping everyone busy and I only got to Sergio last night."

"How long have I been here?" I mumbled.

"Almost three days... That's why I got hit." He glared at me.

I groaned out a chuckle.

"Okay, seriously. We worked all of this out last night. I need you get up. We have about ten minutes before Clyde makes it into the reception room. Once he starts things up this is the first place Declan's sending his men."

"How will we know when he 'starts things up'?" I asked.

"We'll know. Get up." he said standing up.

I nodded trying to get up. He watched me.

"Damn it, you're so slow."

"That kind of happens when you get hit half to death and then don't eat for three days, Asshole." I said.

"I will leave you here." he said.

"Sure you will." I rolled my eyes and he grit his teeth before I sighed, "I can't walk. I've tried. I think my leg's infected..." I said.

He grabbed my arm and, paying no attention to my bruises, he pulled my arm onto his shoulders. I groaned as he did this.

"Shut up." he hissed.

"You're fucking hurting me." I replied. "Is that your gun?" I felt it against my hip.

"One of them." he mumbled.