Chapter 24.

Chapter 24.

*****

I stood in the bathroom staring into the mirror after I washed my face in the basin and pushed my hair back trying to figure out why I had let yesterday happen.

Who was I? I didn't do things like this...

It was just so easy to lose myself around him. I held my breath thinking about just laying there with him, not doing anything but that little bit of bickering we did. My stomach felt weird, tight, but not like I was sick though. I released my breath slowly wondering if I had missed him more than I had let myself think I did.

No. No, you didn't.

But –

No. Just... no.

Yeah, I was probably just a little sick.

I nodded to the guy in the mirror and let my breath go realising I was holding it again. I'll get over it. What? I have nothing to get over. Whatever. I'll go out with... What's his name? Yes, I'll go out with him. Sergio would be nothing more than a... business associate. No more casual sex. No more whatever the hell happened yesterday. We were done.

I smiled at myself as I brushed a hand through my hair and let a few strands fall onto my forehead and eyes. When was the last time I had gotten it cut? I'll do it today, an excuse to stay out of here longer. I walked back into my room and felt a little subconscious disappointment at having walked into an empty room but I brushed that away very fast before I got dressed.

I walked downstairs and stopped at the opening that led to the lounge, I noticed the couches were gone so the coffee table was in the middle of emptiness. I blinked picturing Paul's blood on the floor, grateful I had not seen his body. I honestly couldn't handle that again.

"Breakfast, Alex. We have to leave in ten minutes." Clyde's voice came behind me as he gave me a pat on my shoulder. I nodded turning from the lounge and walking into an almost empty kitchen, only Kent was in it. Thank God because I did not want to deal with anyone that lived or worked here right now.

I ate quickly and got handed drugs before Clyde rushed us outside, no idea why he was in such a hurry, but before I reached the car, someone grabbed my arm. I turned to frown at Ben.

"Ben, what are you doing? We have to leave." Clyde called impatiently from behind me.

"Just a second." Ben called back. I heard Clyde's door shut after he climbed into the car before Ben glared into my eyes. If he wasn't an asshole, I would admit that he has really nice eyes. They were a really deep blue. "I don't know what you think you're doing, but he doesn't like you and he's not stupid so you won't get him to let you go by being a bitch."

"What?" My eyebrows rose.

He just frowned at me in disgust as his eyes ranked over me. "He gets so desperate when he's confused." He muttered more to himself than me before his eyes met mine again, "You're not on his level, don't kid yourself." He said before he walked back into the house.

I stood confused before I heard Clyde hoot from the car and I turned to give him an apologetic smile as I made my way to the car.

"What did you do this time?" he frowned at me.

"Nothing, I swear. I have no idea what that was abo... oh." I felt a smile spread onto my face. He thought I was trying to get Sergio to like me, didn't he? He thought I was trying to 'trick' Sergio into some type of relationship so that he would let me go...

I didn't even know Ben could act like that about someone. It was so weird. I chuckled shaking my head and Clyde shot me a glance as he drove. Good thing that thing between me and Sergio is over; I definitely didn't want to be the guy Ben thought was trying to take his man. I didn't want more run-ins with anyone. But let's be realistic, I was me so I guess I wanted to reduce the amount of run-ins I had had with them?