Chapter 38.

Chapter 38.

*****

I kicked the ball over to Ezra.

"Look at me, Alex!" He called. I watched him do a couple of tricks with the ball before he stopped and smiled at me.

"That so cool, Ezra!" I said genuinely surprised. He grinned beaming. He's seven. He plays better soccer than most of the people in my high school soccer team did. "When did you learn that?"

"Um, the other day. I was watching TV." He said a little shyly.

He kicked the ball back over to me. We were in the backyard just kicking the ball back and forth and sometimes trying to take it from each other. Jordan was taking a shower, I think. Ezra and Oliver had been sleeping over and this morning I dropped Oliver off at the mall so he could hang out with some of his friends. I looked up as the doorbell rang.

"I've got it!" Jordan's shout came from inside the house.

Guess he's out of the shower. I turned back to see Ezra running at me and I laughed as I tried to dribble the ball past him but he got it from me. What? I was never even in the soccer team.

"Someone's here to see you." Jordan sang from inside the house. He's being weird. We only do that stupid tone of voice to each other when we were messing with each other.

Must be Sergio.

"Come on, Ezra, we'll come back outside in a minute." I said.

He nodded picking the ball up and we walked in. I raised my eyebrows as I walked into the living room and found Jordan and Sergio laughing. Jordan was leaning against the couch with Sergio in front of him.

"Hey." I grinned.

"Alexander." I leaned into Sergio as he hugged me tightly. "I'm Diego." Sergio glanced at me, "Who are you?" He asked as we let go.

"Ezra." Ezra was studying Sergio suspiciously before he suddenly grinned, "Wanna play?" he held up his ball. I chuckled.

"Really? I thought we were going to get ice cream." Jordan said. Ezra's eyes lit up. I knew Jordan just wanted to leave us alone.

"Let's go!" Ezra yelled.

A few minutes later, Sergio and I were seated on the couch. Jordan had tried and failed to convince Ezra to leave his ball at home so I guessed that they would be playing somewhere for a while.

"What do you want to do?"

"You mean other than just sit here and kiss you?" he asked. I chuckled, "I don't know. How about we go through YOUR picture albums." he frowned.

"Those are at home – not this home." I laughed.

"You know what I mean. My mom gave you my entire life story. Uh-uh, shhh." He lifted his index finger to his lips when I tried to point out that it wasn't his entire life story, "Tell me about you." he said.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes as I leaned back against the couch and kicked my feet onto the coffee table. "What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Everything." I gave him a flat stare and he laughed, "Alright, your friends. How did that happen?"

"Uh, Shiloh and I met when we were five, I think. We got paired up at school, we were so different, but we had a lot of fun together. My mom noticed that I actually hung out with one person and arranged play dates with his mom; I wasn't the most social kid. Claire and Shiloh got into a fight the day she started at our school, I hit it off with her when I tried to apologise on his behalf. They're the type of friends that throw shade at each other every chance they get but are always there if they need each other. Jordan's aunt was my babysitter. We went to her house once when I was ten and I met him over there – his family had just moved here, I nagged her about bringing him over sometime and she did, a lot. He met my friends and I'm still not very social so I try not to cut ties with people, hence why we're all still friends." I joked, he laughed.