Chapter 16.

Chapter 16.

*****

I watched Kent slide an egg into a plate as I chewed on my own. The atmosphere in this house was the type that you could choke on. Sergio's been pissed at literally everyone and everything and I was sure he was going to snap and seriously injure someone, maybe even for something insignificant. I had no idea what was going on but I had seen him punch someone hard enough to break their jaw for telling him they were confused.

I was getting desperate to leave this house before someone saw me with Clyde and assumed I was somehow connected to this gang. Maybe now was the perfect time for me to just walk out of here. Everyone – including Clyde – was so busy, I doubt anyone would notice I was gone and when they finally did, they would realise I kept my mouth shut so they would never bother me again.

Yeah, right. They would probably kill me for the fun of it.

Maybe I should get a gun...

"Can you even handle a gun?" I looked up realising I had said that out loud and Clyde was standing at the door looking amused as he waited for me to answer Kent's question.

"Yes." I lied easily.

They both looked at me like they were trying to figure out whether I was lying or not.

"You're lying..." Clyde said.

"I'm Carl Richardson's son. You think he let me grow up without touching a firearm?" Honestly, my father wanted to get me a pallet gun for my birthday when I turned eleven but my mother threatened to hurt him if he let me close to anything that 'dangerous'. It was a toy gun...

"I need my phone... Clyde, I'm heading out, will you –" Sergio stopped putting his keys into his pocket when Clyde grabbed his shoulders.

"Where? No." Clyde said looking slightly concerned.

"I have to get –"

"Look, whatever it is, I've got it, Sergio." Sergio gave a frustrated sigh.

"Clyde, you're in a kitchen listening to Alexander tell you about his imaginary firearm training." Clyde shot me a glare and I shrugged and looked at my food suddenly nauseated by it... or was it Sergio? Definitely the later.

"He's a good liar." Clyde frowned to himself and I gave a tight smile before he looked back at Sergio and shook his head. "That's not the point. I can handle this – whatever it is. You need to calm down."

"Calm down about what?" I asked. Kent shot me a look that told me to shut up and I nodded looking back down. I was just curious as to why he was pretty much going insane. He sure deserved insanity.

"Damn it, Clyde. Alright..." Clyde shot me another frown as he steered Sergio out of the kitchen.

"What's going on around here?" I asked Kent.

"You think I want to know?" He asked. I chuckled shaking my head and he pointed the spatula at me before he turned to the dishes.

I ate my food finish listening to the noise in the house slowly die down until I was sure Kent and I were alone in the house. They must have thought I would be too afraid to leave, and if they thought that they would be right (unfortunately for me).

"Alright, I'm going to head out. Stay here, alright? And if anyone comes back, back off. Everyone's on edge around here today."

"Uh-huh. See you." I smiled at Kent before he was gone.

I sighed finally getting up from my seat to wash my plate. I sighed looking at the clock and wishing I had my phone so I could talk to my friends. Or some wifi because even emailing them would be fine right now...