Chapter 20.

Chapter 20.

*****

"Is my phone here?" Sergio walked into my room.

"Which one?" I looked at him. He frowned at me and I chuckled shrugging, "I don't know, check the floor, could have slipped from your pocket."

I turned back to my work and tried to focus again while I listened to Sergio shuffle around behind me.

Weeks had passed and I honestly wasn't any closer to finding Declan than I had been when I had finished talking to Kyle that day in the library. Kyle was still lecturing; I was beginning to wonder where our actual lecturer had gone. I would get a lead on Declan, and then it would run dry or it would look too dangerous to pursue on my own right now. I had been let out of the house more often though – with the stalkers close by.

Apart from that, Sergio and I have been... busy and I was beginning to feel weird about it. Don't get me wrong, I loved what we did together but I still wasn't used to the casual sex thing, add seeing him all the time like we were together but still trying to get with other guys (because Clair and blind dates), the entire situation was just getting weird. I mean going on a date with someone and then coming back here and having sex with someone else was making me feel like a complete asshole. Besides, I wanted to see the guy I went out with last night again sometime, but his body looked nothing like Sergio's. Why did that even matter? Ryan was pretty cool. He was smart, funny, handsome and nice. That should be enough... Though, his laugh just annoyed me, unlike Sergio's.

Geez, I had better things to focus on than that anyway. I was just going on random dates to get my friends off my back about my lack of game. Yes, they were probably right about it lacking but there was no way in hell I would actually admit that to anyone, let alone my friends. Shiloh would never let it go.

"There's nothing here –" he was cut off by his phone ringing. I looked up and lifted it from under one of my books. How did it even end up there?

I glanced at the name before I handed it to him. He grinned widely at the screen and I automatically frowned before I froze.

No, Alexander.

"Hey, Dave. How's school?" Sergio walked out of my room sounding different. I hadn't heard him sound that friendly unless he was messing with Clyde while we were driving somewhere or when he alone was with me. I also hadn't heard anyone say the name David around here before either. School?

I shook my head deciding to get back to my work.

I was studying for an exam I had on Monday, it was Saturday. I think Ben picked up on what we were doing and it definitely made him dislike me more – if that was even possible at this point. He would openly shove me randomly and I couldn't do anything about it because he was never alone.

"Alright, so – what's that?"

I looked at the makeup bag on my bed.

"It's Claire's." I said.

"Sure it is." I rolled my eyes as Sergio smirked. "I'm heading somewhere right now and Clyde's joining me. We'll be gone the entire weekend so I would suggest you keep your mouth shut until Monday." He said, "Though, I know that's impossible for you so you'll just have to have Kiera on speed dial, here's her number." I frowned at him. Was he serious?

"You know, there's no point in keeping me here anymore." I frowned before I stopped. Wait. If Clyde was gone, I could ask anyone about Declan because he wouldn't be around me whining about how dangerous it was... "On second thought, I think I'll take that." I took the piece of paper from his hand and he narrowed his eyes at me. "Oh yeah, I wanted to talk about our... arrangement. I... don't think I want to do it anymore." I said studying his shoes before realising I was subconsciously avoiding his eyes. I frowned wondering why.