Chapter 50.

Chapter 50.

*****

I groaned lifting my head slowly, my neck felt stiff. I tried to move but my hands felt bound to either side of me.

"Ah. You're awake. For a second, I was worried they killed you." The voice made my eyes snap wide open and I realised it wasn't a dream.

I met Declan... James was dead...

I looked up and Declan smiled as he stood in front of me, his hands resting on his knees as he looked at me.

"I hate your face." He muttered with a frown.

"I'd be jealous too if I looked like you." I spat. I bit my tongue the second I finished and braced for the worst.

Shit, this is not the time, Alexander.

He raised his brows. "Well, you definitely didn't get THAT from your father." He chuckled.

"Where..." My voice ran dry as I looked behind him and saw some men standing there, guns in hand, but that wasn't what shocked me. It was Ben... standing beside all the men like he belonged there. What was he doing here? Was he with them?

"This is so fucking weird. It's like looking at him." Declan said reaching out and pushing my hair from my face before he grabbed it and pulled my hair back so my chin was tilted upwards and I was looking up at him. "I was going to have you killed, I mean, I don't concern myself with dealers asking about me, a lot of people talk about me, naturally." he chuckled, "But then I learnt you name... Richardson." his mouth twisted in disgust as he said my surname, "I'm going to say a name and you're going to tell me what it means to you, answer incorrectly and you'll join James. He doesn't look very good anymore, good thing looks don't matter where he's gone." he gave a light laugh.

I swallowed but didn't answer him.

"Carl Richardson." he said the name not even trying to hide the acidity in his voice, his face stayed calm.

I grit my teeth. He waited, his face unchanging.

"My father." I finally muttered.

"Just making sure." he grinned as he let my hair go and patted my head, "You." he chuckled as he stepped back and pointed at me.

I tried to move my arms and legs again but it didn't budge. I looked at my wrist tied to the chair's arms tightly. I wouldn't be able to break loose, even if I could, what would I do? I was surrounded. And Ben. How could he do this to Sergio? Was it because he chose to be with me? Traitor.

"You know, I was just going to have you killed because your search had become quite popular, but once I found out who you were, I couldn't. I can't kill Carl's son like that. Not my nephew. No, you deserve my own hand not someone I hired." he said.

Nephew? I narrowed my eyes.

"You want to know who killed them, don't you? That's what Ben tells me."

I looked at Ben and he smirked back at me. I shook my head slowly still in complete disbelief and shock that he was on their side before I looked back at Declan.

"I already know who did it. It was you." I hissed through my grit teeth.

"Oh, but you want more than that, don't you, kiddo?" He gave me another pat on my head. I hated that.

"Why the fuck am I here?" I hissed. I had always thought I wanted to know, I wanted to confront him but now that I could... I didn't want it anymore. Knowing how they died, if he explained it it would all just come back so much worse, like they just died but I saw it.