Chapter 48.

Chapter 48.

*****

"He's going to have some crazy jet lag because of you." Claire frowned at me as she shook her head.

"Him driving nine hours has nothing to do with jet lag." I replied pointedly.

Claire still didn't know about the drugs and everything and Jordan, Shiloh and I all agreed it was for the best. There was no point in making her worry about any of that. Jordan was still not very friendly towards Sergio but Shiloh was civil in his presence.

We had gotten back from the lake house about three hours ago. I had learnt this morning that Sergio liked travelling in the dark, which is why we left the lake house at 12 AM in the morning. When we got back Sergio got someone to somehow find space on a fully booked flight for him. He felt bad about what I had told him David had said and decided he was going to spend a couple of days with his brother before he got back to work. I was happy about it and annoyed at the same time because he would be gone and when he got back I probably wouldn't be seeing him again until his work was done, I was a lot more happy than annoyed though.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Ezra's being kept in the hospital a few more days than previously needed."

"Why?" I asked concerned. Has one of his wounds gotten infected? Did his lung collapse again?

"Well, Ezra and Kingston came up with this amazing idea to try and ride a wheelchair down the hospital stairs sometime last night." Claire rolled her eyes.

"What? Are they okay?" I asked.

"The kid's got a broken leg and wrist now, Ezra's shoulder stitches tore open but he landed on Kingston's arm, which explains Kingston's wrist." Jordan shook his head. "The stitch was fixed." he added.

"They need to be friends for the rest of their lives." Shiloh grinned.

I laughed. "How did they get by all the doctors?" I asked.

"No idea. Good on them for the secret agent skills their developing." Jordan smiled.

"Yeah, we should get them ice cream." I said.

"Oh my God." Claire face-palmed herself.

"To comfort them!" Shiloh said.

"You guys are idiots. I'm going to the mall." I saw Shiloh's eyes widen in fear and almost laughed.

"Mind if we go go-carting?" I asked.

"No, I'll meet some of my girls. See you later, Baby." she kissed Shiloh before she hugged Jordan and I and left.

"I love you." Shiloh smiled at me.

"Everyone does." I smirked. I laughed as both Jordan and Shiloh shoved me.

"You're supposed to be the humble one." Jordan said, "Let's go."

"We're actually going to go go-carting?" Shiloh asked.

"Yeah, I can't remember the last time I went there." Jordan said.

"Can't we just stay here? I haven't slept yet." I frowned.

Driving back, Sergio decided he wasn't going to let me sleep like I had let him, every time I got drowsy he would turn the radio on loudly until I got used to it and he began to spray water into my face while whining about being lonely.

"No." Shiloh replied with a smirk.

"You're great friends. No, really, you are." I said bitterly.

"We know."