Chapter 41.

Chapter 41.

*****

"Where did you get that?" I asked surprised.

"Matthew." Ezra didn't bother taking the treat out of his mouth as he spoke, it made his words somewhat muffled before he used his sleeve to wipe some drool from the corner of his mouth.

"Your doctor?" My brows rose.

"Yeah. I have more. Want one?" Ezra tried to reach under his pillow but groaned.

"Wait, I've got it." Oliver reached under the pillow and pulled out a string of lollypops. "Sugar free... No thank you."

We chuckled as Oliver handed it to me. I pulled one off and held it out to Jordan, but he had yet to speak since we walked in after he greeted Ezra and whispered a string of apologies. Ezra didn't seem to care, he was just really happy about the sweets and the fact that his parents were spoiling him.

"Take one." Ezra said.

"O-okay." Jordan grabbed the sweets from my hand quickly and took one before he tossed it back to Oliver who ended up taking one before he pushed the rest back under Ezra's pillow.

"Wanna draw?" Ezra grinned looking at his cast which had a spider drawn on by me and a stick figure with a cape from Oliver (we didn't possess Jordan's artistic talents) before he looked back at Jordan.

The doctor said three bullets hit Ezra, one collapsed his lung, one got lodged in his shoulder and the other went straight through his lower arm. He couldn't move his left arm yet because of his shoulder. Jordan's eyes flickered to me, he seemed distressed. I smiled back trying to tell him Ezra didn't blame him before I grabbed the paint Amy had bought for Ezra and handed it to Jordan.

He moved over to Ezra's left side and climbed onto the bed.

"I'm thinking a cat, cool?" Jordan had swiped some black paint on Ezra's nose before he could object and we laughed as Ezra giggled.

"No, Iron Man!" Ezra said wiping the paint off his nose with the hospital bed sheet.

"Okay," Jordan chuckled as he began painting Ezra's face.

It took a bit of convincing but we had gotten Jordan's parents to leave so they could get cleaned up and maybe have some coffee or something. Greg had taken the week off work and Amy... I guess she just took leaf for a while because there was no way she was leaving Ezra in the hospital alone, even though he seemed quite alright... well, for the most part. Apparently he had been having some nightmares. He had befriended the kid that he shared a room with and the doctor and nurses seemed to love him. The other kid was currently having lunch with his mother, he had broken his leg.

Oliver and I began getting busy looking at everything the doctors or nurses had left around and opening the cabinets. We ended up with a couple of tongue depressors and a stethoscope which we proceeded to use on Jordan while he tried to paint Ezra's cast and tried to get us away from him.

I pulled my phone from my pocket when it buzzed and began ringing and smiled seeing Sergio's name light the screen up. Jordan let out a very loud sigh and I frowned at him. He faked a wide grin as he waved me off, "Have fun!"

I answered it as I walked out.

"Hey. Couldn't wait a couple more hours? What have I done to you?" I joked.

"I don't know yet, but I knew you were a wizard the second I met you." We chuckled, "Uh... I'm actually calling about that. I won't be able to make it later." he said.