Chapter 36.

Chapter 36.

*****

"I'm bored." Jordan whined.

"Take a nap." I replied.

It had been four days since we went to the mall. When we weren't hanging out with his family or our friends, I was in my room running over some work for next semester, checking out some of my emails from my managers or trying to find Declan. The last one was proving to be an impossible task without Sergio's gang. I couldn't even contact Kyle because he was dead. I would have struck a deal with him if I needed to...

"I'm hom –!" Shiloh's shout came to an abrupt halt, "You're studying?! Seriously?" Shiloh glared at me as he walked into our living room.

"Can you believe it?" Jordan frowned my way.

"Uh-uh. No." Claire shook her head as Rita laughed. Rita was a friend of Claire's that we had hung out with a few times.

"What – hey! Claire –" I glared at her as she shoved my books shut and lifted them off the table before shoving them into a random cupboard, "I'm in the middle of that assignment, I'm on a roll, you can't just cut me off –"

"Oh, we can. And we have." Rita smiled.

I let out an annoyed breath as I dropped my pen onto the coffee table.

"I'm not going out." I said.

"You don't have a choice." Jordan patted my shoulder.

"You my friend, need to get over Diego." Claire said leaning over my shoulder. I looked at her.

My first answer would have been: I was never under Diego, but that would sound weird and also it would be a lie. "Who's Diego?"

"I know this really nice guy, his name's Co –"

"Cole? On the track team? Yeah, no." I shook my head.

"Okay, how about Henrick?" Claire asked.

"It really doesn't matter; just get him a date so we can get out of here. Anyone's better than that." Jordan pointed towards the cupboard my books had been shoved into.

"Guys, seriously. I'm not interested. I'll have drinks with you but I'm not hooking up with your friends... especially yours." I said giving Claire a pointed look.

"Fine. Die alone."

I frowned as everyone laughed while Claire glared at me.

"Let's –" Shiloh was cut off by my phone. Rita grabbed it from the carpet where it had been charging.

"Clyde?"

I opened my mouth to tell her to hang up but I stopped. Clyde got what I had said; he knew I didn't want to be part of what he did, so maybe he was calling for a reason. Besides... I actually missed him. I had not heard from them since I saw Sergio in the mall...

"Uh, okay." She handed me my phone and I answered it as I got up and walked outside.

"Hey, Kid."

"Clyde." I frowned and hear him chuckle, "How is Sasha?" I asked as I sat on our lawn and stared at the houses across the road.

"Great, and so is her father, thank you for asking." I gave a chuckle picturing him rolling his eyes, "How have you been?"

"Great," I replied. Save for the fact that I can't forget about your 'boss', I'm amazing. "What's up?"

"Oh, yeah... uh... Here's the thing: I sort of need your help." He said suddenly sounding off.

"With..." I waved at one of our neighbours and she gave me a weird look while waving back. I guess it looked sort of weird. A barefoot nineteen year old in his boxers and a shirt at one in the afternoon. It must have looked like I was playing on the grass by myself. "With what?" I asked slowly.