Chapter 51.

Chapter 51.

*****

I let out a heavy sigh as I woke up. I could barely see out of my right eye and the left was completely shut. I tried to push myself up but pain shot through my left hand so I opted for my shoulder and my right hand letting out a groan as I pushed my aching body up before I slumped against the wall. I lifted my hand to my face and felt dry blood before I gave a light chuckle that caused my entire chest and abdomen to ache. This is why I never get into fights. They're way more painful than they look, and they look fucking painful.

I looked at my left hand. It was surrounded by dry blood but still bleeding. My dark jean was soaked in blood from the stab in my leg. I needed to wrap them up before I fainted. I tried not to move too fast or too much as I began taking my shirt off.

I was on the floor in a room with just a tiny boarded up window and a door. I should have put a jersey on when James had told me to after we left the restaurant. I shut my eyes shoving him from my mind. I didn't know what to feel about him. Angry that he got me into this or sad that he's dead. I hated him at one point when I was younger but I never wished he would get hurt.

Luckily, I had worn a vest... it didn't matter much. It was dirty with blood as well and it didn't help with warmth at all.

I lifted the shirt to my mouth and clenched my teeth on it ignoring the pain in my jaw before ripping the shirt apart. I wrapped the bigger half of the shirt around my leg as best I could and began to wrap my hand but I froze hearing a lock. I looked at the door actually feeling fear strike through me.

I was in no condition to move, let alone fight. I wouldn't be able to defend myself right now. The door pushed open and I watched as one person walked in before they shut the door behind them.

"Wow, you look like shit..."

I didn't respond, I just stared at him watching the way he moved. He didn't look like he was looking for a fight but how would I know. And there was clearly a gun hidden under his jacket.

"Oddly still attractive, though. I think I like this new look you've got going." He offered a smile. I swallowed as he knelt down, "Told you I would get you back for this scar." He said smirking.

I glared at him as he grabbed my wrist.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I muttered.

"Right now, I'm making sure you don't bleed to death. Declan's orders, he wants you alive." He said pulling the cloth off my hand before he tried to wrap it but I balled m fist to stop him, in turn hurting my hand. He rolled his eyes. "Don't mess with me right now, Alexander." He said warningly.

I let out a defeated breath relaxing my hand. He began wrapping the shirt around my hand surprisingly carefully.

"We don't keep first aid kits here, usually when someone's injured they're dead." He stated. "Or their infected and that's the intention." he added.

"How long have been playing them?" I glared at him.

He glanced at me before he moved to fixing the shirt I had poorly wrapped around my leg.

"Answer me," I grabbed his shirt. "You knew about it, didn't you? Macen's death? The fires, the bombing. The drive by. You planned it."

"You're right." he said casually as he shoved my chest and I let him go because it hurt like shit even though he only pushed me. I slumped back against the wall and he finished fixing my leg up. "I knew." He said.

"But... Kyle..." I drifted.

"Kyle was a piece of shit." He muttered, "We never intended to keep him alive, what's such a gullible cop got to offer us?"