Chapter 26.

Chapter 26.

*****

I watched Ben as he walked into the kitchen. His blond hair was a mess and he had dark circles around his eyes. He frowned at me and walked to the fridge to grab a beer. I watched as he gulped it down while Kent shot me a frown. I narrowed my eyes back at him, 'What? I had not done anything to Ben yet – not that I was planning anything. He looked like crap though.

"What are you looking at?!" Ben snapped at me.

"Nothing... How was that dinner, by the way? You listen to my suggestion? Did it get you some action –?"

I cried out as Ben suddenly grabbed my shirt – I was expecting him to be annoyed, but not this pissed.

"Listen here, Asshole –"

"Calm down, Ben. He's just messing with you." Sergio's voice came from the door.

I looked at Ben as he glared down at me (I was still sitting down) and I realised he wasn't pissed at all. He let my shirt go with a shove before he walked out of the kitchen not looking at Sergio as he passed him. I suddenly felt incredibly bad about teasing him.

Sergio raised his brows confused as he stared at the opening Ben had just walked out of.

"I expected him to try to hit you first, and then walk out." Sergio mumbled, "Can't you try, at least just for a few hours, not to make everyone around here angry?" he looked at me.

He's so oblivious...

"Oh, he's not angry." Sergio still looked confused and I laughed.

"Just – just ignore him, Sergio." Kent frowned at me. What was up with him?

"Yeah. Where's Clyde?" I asked.

"Here. Let's go." Clyde's voice came from the hallway.

I nodded getting up from my seat while I finished my juice. I made my way out of the kitchen giving Kent and Sergio greetings as I smiled at them. Sergio grabbed my arm and I turned to frown at him as he dropped bags into my hands.

"Enjoy your day." He grinned. I shot him another glare at his sarcasm as I threw the drugs into my bag. "I'm not being sarcastic, Cadbury." I furrowed by brows glancing back at him as I walked out of the front door, my eyes cautiously surveying the road before I got into Clyde's car. Cadbury?

"Uh... Is it alright if I hang out with someone later, after school?" I asked.

"No."

"No?" I turned to Clyde surprised as he drove.

"Yes: No. You're the one who said your teacher's trying to kill you."

"Uh, I said nothing of the sort. They're trying to kill you, I might be a target but I'm not that big a threat to them so I don't matter."

"If you're part of our gang, you're a threat to them."

"Good thing I'm not then." I said.

"They think you are." He said.

"So... just tell them I'm not." I said.

"First, I think you have the perception that we actually sit down with these people and talk to them, we don't. Second, if I were to tell anyone to stay away from you it would result in a bigger target on your back because it would make it look like I care about your safety." He said. "Also, I spoke to Rod; he's going to keep a closer eye on you. I suggest you don't run off again unless you actually have some type of death wish – who am I kidding, you probably do. You're an idiot."