Chapter 11.

Chapter 11.

*****

I sat in my room. It was Sunday, almost midday and I had not been out of my room all weekend except occasionally to get some food. I was pissed. I couldn't go anywhere or do anything, not that I usually did anything, I just missed having a choice now. At least I had school tomorrow; it was sort of like my one escape, even though I still had people watching me.

My room's door opened but I didn't look away from the roof I had been staring at for the past hour. I wonder if they would let me put stars up there... then I would have something to stare at other than white.

"Make me food." Sergio spoke making me glance – or glare rather – his way before I lifted the phone and realised I was still in the middle of my game of Tatris when I had decided to stare at the roof depressed. It was Clyde's phone. I may or may not have taken it from the breakfast table without asking while he wasn't looking, but I knew he would not be in any trouble without it because he had two phones, this one was for family calls, the cheap one was for business (and I was sure Kiera had that number too).

I let out a breath of relief when Sergio's footsteps retreated back into the hall and began focusing on the game again.

I cried out as the phone was suddenly smashed out of my hands by a blue exercise ball. I sat up to glare at him before I got up and snatched the phone off the carpet where it had fallen.

"Make me food." He repeated.

"Make your own Goddamn food; I don't have to do anything for you." I knew we were alone in the house so if anyone was going to beat me up, it would be one person and I could take him.

Ha, yeah right, good one, Alex.

I frowned. Great self belief I have.

"Uh, you work for me so yes you do." He was looking at me like I was stupid.

"Uh, fuck you. I don't work for you. Make your own food."

"You live in my house, you earn your room." He didn't sound like he was getting any angrier, but just having him in here was pissing me off so much!

I snorted. "Like I want to live here." I said, "And I pay for everything I need to by selling your shit for you." I motioned to a bag of cocaine on the dresser. God knows why it's there or who the hell put it there.

"I'm pretty sure you curse more than I do. We should get something for that potty mouth." He chuckled.

I didn't know how to respond, so I just stared at him blankly until he strode across the room and grabbed my arm and Clyde's phone from my hand before pulling me out of my room.

"What are you doing? Let me go." I hissed trying to pull my arm from his hand but regardless of how much I worked out, he seemed to do it more. I kept pulling against him while he pulled me downstairs and towards the front door.

"Stop acting like a child, we're getting take-out." He locked the house's door before he dragged me to his car and shoved me in. I shot him a glare and he just smirked back as he shut the door and walked over to the driver's side of the car.

The drive to wherever we were going was silent as I busied myself with a book I had found on his backseat and he gave up trying to create some kind of communication between us after I didn't reply to him after his first ten tries.

"You know you are being incredibly childish... A childish lawyer, who would have thought?" He asked sounding amused.

I looked at him annoyed and he just chuckled. I turned back to the book – which was surprisingly good – but looked back up when we stopped a few seconds later... at a mall...

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"I already told you." He rolled his eyes.

"Are you serious? What if we run into –"

"Who cares? Do you really want to go back to the house? Because if you do, I have no problem keeping you there."

"Go to hell." I climbed out of his car and frowned hearing him laugh as he got out of his car.

"You know, you owe me TWO so you have to behave today – just because I told you to." He said smiling. I frowned, even a really nice smile didn't hide that he was a jerk... well, not to me because I had been around him long enough to know.

I shot him a glare as he locked his car before we began walking to the mall. I was praying that no one I knew was in this mall.

"I thought you said we were getting Take-out?" I said. I clenched my teeth as his arm swung around my shoulders. I shoved him away from me and he laughed.

"So cold." He teased smirking. I just rolled my eyes. "We are, we're just out of beer at the house so..." He grabbed my arm and dragged me into the liquor store.

"Don't you have people to do this for you?" I frowned running my eyes over the liquor around us

"Yes, Kent, but I gave him the day off. Oh look, taste samples." He pulled me over to a table and I frowned as he took a shot glass and drank what was in it. "Taste it." He held out another glass to me.

"No. What is it you wanted here?" he rolled his eyes as he drunk it before he set the glasses down and walked over to a shelf. I followed him and while he was choosing random bottles of whatever, I decided to read one because I was bored.

"Whoa." My eyes widened as I jumped back when two of the bottles in his hands fell to the floor smashing. The way he smirked at me made it obvious that it was no accident. "Come on –" he grabbed my hand.

"Wha – what?!" I yelled as he ran from the store dragging me behind him. People were staring at us shocked while I heard guards behind us yell at us to stop. This cannot be happening right now.

I looked at my other hand and gasped feeling my heart leap into my throat. Oh fuck! I still held the bottle of liquor! I had stolen it! I had just fucking robbed a store!

I dropped the bottle.

Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. I'm a criminal.

We were getting dangerously close to a decorated fake indoor tree and while I ran to the right, Sergio ran to the left. I tried to pull my hand from his but he held on, the tree was pretty light and unstable and went falling onto the car on display behind it as after Sergio and I bumped it. Sergio laughed seemingly having a fucking blast while my life was fading away in front of my eyes – no, that was actually just the blur in my eyes because I had never run this fast while my head was pounding and I couldn't breathe because of panic. Sergio let my hand go as we kept running.

When we were past the car-tree mess, Sergio grabbed my hand again and I tried to pull it away again as we ran outside and bumped head-first into a group of police. I fell back onto my butt while Sergio just stumbled back. I covered my face as the police glared at me, trying to hide from all the people in the parking lot.

My life is now over. I'm going to be charged with theft and canalisation. I might as well just attack one of the police officers so I can get shot and hopefully killed. It would surely be better than prison.

*****

Thank you for reading, please comment, vote and share :)