«chapter one: what are we»

Comincia dall'inizio

"You never fall asleep when you watch a movie. At least not with just anyone." She says tauntingly sending me a suggestive look as I keep eating.

"I was just really tired." I defend, finishing my cereal and putting it in the sink.

When I face her again she gives me a 'really' look, "You don't trust people enough to fall asleep." She points out.

That is true. It took me a long time to be able to sleep period after everything that went down, and took me a while to even sleep with Selina in the same room. "Well, I trust him. We made up yesterday, ok?" I laugh trying to make her drop it.

"Knew it, you were too smiley." She states a walks away as if she weren't just grilling me for information.

I stare at where she disappeared, "I am not." I mutter.

"Yes, you are!" She calls making me sigh and bite back a smile.

I shake my head before I slip out of the window and grab Biscuit before I start swinging to the Zeta-tubes. I haven't spent a lot of time with Biscuit so I figured I would bring him.

'Recognize: Catgirl-B26
Override-Biscuit'

I walk into the Cave, looking around before I realize who I automatically started looking for and almost laugh at myself. He isn't here in the main room so I check to see if M'gann is awake.

Biscuit runs off and I let him as I head to the kitchen and find M'gann making breakfast.

She looks up and smiles,"Good morning, Catgirl!"

I smile at her cheeriness, "Good morning, M'gann. You know you can call me Brooklyn or Brooke." I add.

She nods and smiles, "Great, Brooke," She says testing it out before she continues, "Were you looking for Nightwing?" She asks.

"Umm, not really," I say out of habit of wanting to hide what I am actually thinking. "Do you want me to help?" I change the subject, not really wanting to talk about myself anyways because I have a feeling she will ask more question about him.

"Sure! Can you make the bacon?" I nod and grab the packs of bacon before I put them in the pan and start to flip them.

When they are ready I say," Done," and put them on a plate.

"Perfect, you can put them over there. I will go get Beastboy." She instructs before she flies out of the room.

"Ok." I mutter and start to clean up the mess, wiping the counters off.

A strong arm wraps around me, making me jump slightly. Warmth sparks in my body and I know who it is.

"You are a liar, you know that?" He whispers in my ear, making a shiver run down my spine as his breath hits my neck.

"First I was a jewel-thief, now a liar? What next?" I ask turning to look at him, his arm still around me.

"I have a few ideas." He grins, "but I will get back at you for the movie." He promises.

I let out a laugh, but stop seeing his serious face, my face falling, "Are you serious?"

"You will find out." He smiles cheekily, making my eyes widen as he cackles at my reaction.