«chapter one: what are we»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

I jump up in my bed, my head whipping around as my eyes scan the room, before realize I'm in my room. I run my eyes, shaking away the dream I had.

My dream was more of a memory than a dream. It was the last time Robin and I fought, right before Ben died. We were about 14 at the time.

I hug my legs to my chest and breathe out a long breath. it wasn't a bad dream, but the falling at the end? that didn't happen. i don't know what that was, who grabbed me, but that didn't happen.

After a few more moments, I climb out of bed and look around, slightly confused. The last thing I remember is watching a movie with Artemis, Wally, and Dick. So, why am I here? And dressed in shorts and a t-shirt?

I shake my head and start to get ready. I stop when I find a note on my desk.

_________

You fell asleep, so I brought you home. I figured you didn't want to sleep at the Cave or in your suit. I told Selina and she said she would help you change, see you tomorrow. ~ Dick
p.s. You are a liar!

_________

I smile a little as I shake my head before I finish getting ready and run downstairs to eat some cereal.

"Good morning," Selina says as she sets down two bowls on the floor feeding the cats.

"Good morning," I say as I pour the cereal and then the milk and grab a spoon. I turn to face her as I take a spoonful and stuff it in my mouth.

"So, are you and Nightwing better or did he drop you off because he was sick of you?" She asks smirking, eyeing me for my reaction.

I swallow another spoonful before I say, "We are fine now."

I didn't mind her asking, it's just I didn't know myself what exactly we were. we didn't label it and who knows if we won't piss each other off by the end of the day and go back to hating each other?

"Just fine? Because imagine how shocked I was to open your door and find him holding you in his arms." She replies before adding, "His face was priceless, had a guilty look on it and everything."

"We watched a movie and I fell asleep. " I shrug, trying not to think about how he must have looked because I know I would smile.