Chapter 35: Heal and Forgive

Start from the beginning

"Anyway, dear, are your clothes all set for the party later?" Mebuki shifted the subject once again.

Sakura gave a slow nod. "It's not really a party, Mom."

"What do you mean? It's a reunion party, Sakura."

"Mom," she sighed. "My clothes are fine. They're ready."

"Good." She clasped her hands together. "I'm so glad your father and I convinced you to go." Mebuki glanced to Kizashi who only smiled.

"Yup..." Sakura forced out a pleasant expression.

She also got an invitation and attending the reunion wasn't in her plans but as usual, her parents persuaded her, saying that it was a good time for her and Naruto (who was going to the reunion) to be with each other.

Sakura was reluctant, of course, because she thought that Sasuke Uchiha might be there--but she reminded herself that he is Sasuke Uchiha; this reunion is not business-related and the chance of him attending it was very low.

Naruto is assigned to pick her up later at night, of course. She's really left with no choice.

***

Naruto and Sakura were both silent inside the car as they drove to Neji's place, where the reunion will be held.

The pinkette was wearing the peach-colored dress in her cabinet earlier and nice two inch healed shoes. She also had make up on, because if she didn't, she was sure to look dead. Naruto, on the other hand, was in a white button up shirt that was rolled up to his sleeves and a pair of dark jeans. He looked classy and rich.

"We're here."

It was actually Sakura's first time seeing Neji's house. Aside from the fact that the guy was always out of the country for business, they didn't really contact each other much anymore. Of course, the adult life was completely poles apart in comparison to their high school days. Now, they were all occupied with work, with money, with success. Looking back, they were only petty high school teenagers who made the most foolish decisions and cared less about what's happening. Immature, that's probably the right word, but that kind of life seemed better for the pinkette. They were petty, young teens back then but they were all innocent--they had nothing to worry about; they were free from the responsibilities.

The two of them stepped out of the car. Sakura immeditaly examined the whole house (mansion would be a better word) and as usual, she wasn't suprised anymore to see such a classy and fine place. It was owned by a Hyūga, that's enough explanation.

"Sakura-chan, let's go?" Naruto sends her a soft yet uneasy smile. Obviously, they are still on the same page--both awkward around each other's presence.

She only nodded, walking beside him towards the big, brown gates with a decent amount of space between them. There were already several people who were enjoying themselves by chatting in the spacious garden. Both Sakura and Naruto chose to proceed inside the main house, however, and spotted more familiar faces.

Their presence were not left unnoticed though, it seems like Ino--who was dressed beautifully in a purple skirt and white blouse--was keeping a keen eye to the visitors who were arriving; which is why the moment the pinkette and the blond stepped in, she called their names loudly.