Preface

Ashton
I leaned against the tree and clenched my fist as a boy with brown hair pushed Luke onto the ground.

I could hear Luke whimper from here and I growled. I couldn't show up yet though, that wasn't part of the plan.

Calum eventually showed up and told his "friends" to leave him alone. Why does he hang out with them? He deserves so much better.

Calum helped Luke up and gave him a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes like it used to. I didn't like that.

Calum turned and started walking home, Luke watched his retreating figure with a glint in his eye.

That's when Luke picked his stuff up and walked the other way. I wish Luke could see that Calum's life wasn't all it was cut out to be.

Because right now, I can see the tears running down both their faces and I don't like it.

I don't like it at all.

Then I look around until I find a little pink haired boy, sitting on a bench and reading a book, occasionally looking up with a pained expression at the couples passing him by.

I sigh. It's hard not to take them all now and hide them away from the pain in this world.

I stay hidden by the tree until Michael gets up and starts walking home.

I follow behind him until I know he's home safely, then I make my way to Luke's house.

He's sitting on his bed, writing on some paper, which I assume is his homework. Such a good boy.

Before I decide to go home, I check up on Calum, he's curled up in bed. It looks like he had been crying.

I listen carefully to his breathing, it's even and his eyes are closed, so I slowly open up his window.

I crawl inside and hiss at the slight burn that comes since I haven't been let in.

I crawl into his bed and pull him to my chest. "You'll be okay soon baby." I whisper and hold my breath so I'm not tempted by his smell, as I kiss his forehead softly.

I cuddle him close and watch over him while he sleeps.

When it's around 6 in the morning his alarm starts to blare and I jump up and out the window before he can open his eyes.

I hear him yawn, then the creak of a spring and his feet on the floor as he slowly makes his way to his window with a confused expression. He looks around then closes it.

I sigh and go to check on my other two boys.

All my babies were going to be okay. I would make sure of it.

But after I've made sure they're all okay, I pay a brown haired boy a visit.

He'll surely be on the news tomorrow. I wonder if they'll mention that he was an asshole.

Oh well. What can I say? I was hungry.

Ta-da!

Terrible intro, I know.

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia